Getting dressed

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

How can i help this situation?

My LO always cries murder after his bath when I am trying to dress him, particularly putting his vest on. I have tried distracting him and even doing it when he's lying on his front but he just wails and it's so stressful.

There must be some way of calming him down so I don't have to rush so much. Can anyone help? Or is this just normal behaviour?

Sounds normal , max is the same thing he drives me insane

Lewis isn't too bad luckily, but if I take too long then he starts to get whingy & cry. When that happens I dress him in front of the TV and his favourite disney cartoon, as soon as he hears the music he turns to watch the TV and forgets about me dressing him. :happydance: Failing that if DH is home I get him to do once of his silly dances, they always make him giggle.

Does he have a favourite toy he could play with whilst you're trying to dress him?? Does he like a particular cartoon? If so you could dress him in front of the tv or try dressing him in a different room, the change of scenery may distract him for a few minutes.

Katie does this too - i think it's because she's so tired. I bought a 'disco ball' that my HV used on a baby massage course. It revolves and has multi coloured lights and when i dim the lights it keeps her distracted long enough for me to dress her. It doesn't always work but it seems to calm her down ready for bed. It was cheap from 'Home and bargain'.

Hannah is a nightmare to dress. We have found though that if Stan gives her her hairbrush after her bath she's easier to lotion up and put clothes on (she talks to it :rofl:)

mine is exactly the same! He has a skin rash at the moment and has to have lots of lotion put on him, my husband has to support him standing up at the hips while I put on his arms of the vest then he moves to the arms while I do the bottom end. Poor husband comes home from work, has a good time bathing him and then he has to deal with the screaming!!!

Max is the same too, I've taken to putting his nappy and vest on in the bathroom and then sleep suit and gro bag in his room. I've tried singing, dancing, toys, warming his suits and rooms, silly noises...the lot and nothing works 100% of the time!!!...I've started to use this lullaby centre that projects onto the ceiling and that will give me the golden seconds to put on his bits and bobs before he knows it!

Yep - amelia is at it too - and she is only 4 weeks old!

Lexie has been like this since day 1. :rofl: She's quiet as can be in the bath. Once I take her out, within 2 seconds she starts screaming. And doesn't stop until she's fully dressed and got her dummy or bottle in her mouth lol. She hates it.

Jay does this too :( He loves being in the bath and likes having a massage, but as soon as I start to get him into his sleepsuit and vest he screams his head off (at full pitch) and doesn't stop until I give him his night feed. He doesn't mind getting dressed at other times in the day either :shrug:

xx

Ellie is the same not all the time it depends on how tired she is. I try and time it so shes not so tired.

Rosie is the same, she is fine with the bottom half, as soon as you start putting her arms through sleeves though the tears start

Same here! Poppy kicks off big time when we put her vest and sleepsuit on, she is fine until that point then all hell breaks loose! Must be just because they are tired I suppose, which is always a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->