Getting frustrated with FF!

PJS1982

Reaction score
My doctor wanted me to try not to BBT chart this month as it could be stressing me out and I wasn't sleeping well at all. I used OPKs and CP/CM this month only and figured it'd be pretty accurate because of the previous pattern.

So anyway, I got my pos OPK on CD13, which was Saturday and it stayed positive through CD14.
FF told me according to my OPK pos, I may have Ov'd between CD13-15. Ok, cool!
We BD Friday, Saturday, Sunday night and last night, Tuesday. What's annoying me is that FF keeps pushing my O date further and further. First it said CD14, then on CD14, changed to CD15, then on CD15 it changed it to CD17 and 18! But *still* says "Ovulation may have occurred between CD13-15, saying I'm "most fertile" even though my CM is recorded as sticky and CP as med.
So I changed my settings to OPK setting instead of FAM or ADV. Finally puts O at CD14 (I speculate 14 or 15 because of CM and CP and the OPKs) So, what gives FF? Why did it keep changing O date in those other modes? I didn't record anything different with cm and cp. I even added different types of CM to see if it would change, but nope! So bizarre. I'm hoping we were able to catch the egg this time, but this is really making me confused. DH is gone for work now until Friday.

I'm sorry that not temping seems to have caused as much stress as temping! FAM only works on FF with temping and is based on bbt temps exclusively. Advanced is based on all fertility signs so with only cm and cervical position it probably isn't working as accurately as it normally would. If you normally ovulate when you think you did this particular cycle that is the best you can go by at this point. If cm and opk's are your 2 fertility signs you are tracking then I'd probably not use ff at all honestly as it's probably just going to frustrate you more!

Going by your opk and cm it sounds like you nailed the days btw! You will know for sure when you O'd when you get (hopefully a bfp) or af. How long is your luteal phase normally?

Thanks! Haha yeah I'm a stressball most of the time. It sucks! When I try to relax, I stress that I'm not relaxing enough. I'm dumb!

My LP is between 14-15 days and cycles range from 29-31 with 31 as the average. This O was a little earlier than usual, as my OPK pos was a day earlier than it has been in the past. So I'm assuming a probably 29 day cycle this month? Idk. I'm trying to just stop worrying about TTC and go with the flow, and I talk myself into that at the start of every AF, but when O starts approaching, I go ape again. Sigh. I would love to give up FF, but I use it easily track all my "symptoms" so I can add them to the list of crazy-talk for next cycle if they happen again. My sub runs out in 20 days so after that, if no bfp this cycle, I'm going to try to quit it lol

I totally understand as it's definitely not for everyone (and you are not dumb lol but really funny!). I know a lot of ladies who do it up to O and then put the thermometer down until they get a bfp or af so in essence they are primarily using it to track O.

I have one tube so I felt compelled to use the program diligently as my odds were so low as it was so I had to do everything I could. You sound like you have your bases covered and your efforts are well placed so I'm sure you'll get your bfp soon!

Ahh I hope so! Congratulations to you on your LO!

This is cycle 13 for me with 2 cps along the way. My best friend and little sister both just found out they were pregnant right before Christmas. They weren't trying so I'm a bit frustrated. Totally happy and excited for them, but wish I could join them soon. I'm really hoping this is my month. My doctor wants labs done and an ultrasound on CD24 to check up because she thinks I may have diminishing ovarian reserve and wants to start me on clomid if that's the case. I really hope my appointment goes like this "Well, I'm sorry but I can't put you on clomid...because you're already pregnant!" haha I'm really unsure about the clomid because of the risk of multiples and cystic ovaries. My mother's a twin and her mother is one set of 3 fraternal twins (my grandmother has 19 siblings!) and my husband's cousin just gave birth to fraternal g/g twins last march. I will take it if it will seriously help, but it makes me pretty nervous.

Ahh I hope so! Congratulations to you on your LO!

This is cycle 13 for me with 2 cps along the way. My best friend and little sister both just found out they were pregnant right before Christmas. They weren't trying so I'm a bit frustrated. Totally happy and excited for them, but wish I could join them soon. I'm really hoping this is my month. My doctor wants labs done and an ultrasound on CD24 to check up because she thinks I may have diminishing ovarian reserve and wants to start me on clomid if that's the case. I really hope my appointment goes like this "Well, I'm sorry but I can't put you on clomid...because you're already pregnant!" haha I'm really unsure about the clomid because of the risk of multiples and cystic ovaries. My mother's a twin and her mother is one set of 3 fraternal twins (my grandmother has 19 siblings!) and my husband's cousin just gave birth to fraternal g/g twins last march. I will take it if it will seriously help, but it makes me pretty nervous.

Sorry about your early losses I had quite a few of those myself and they sure take the air out of you and set you back each time. Thanks for the congrats on our bun in the oven she was a long time in the making lol.

Yeah my RE threw out clomid as a possibility but I was pretty scared as a friend had an awful time with it. I tried vitex which ironically is called nature's clomid and it worked for me. I was under the impression clomid was used if you weren't ovulating but it sounds like you are no? Anyway it seems a lot of ladies have good luck with vitex like products. I think I counted 9 threads about products with agnus castus in them yesterday- fertile tea, fertile aid, fertility blend, vitex etc lol.

Good luck hun and hoping whatever path you take leads you to a sticky bean!

You wait so long for the bfp, and then it's gone and it just is so depressing. :(

I thought so too about clomid, but after asking around on here some ladies have told me it also improves egg quality so in the case of diminishing ovarian reserve, I suppose it might help? I don't know. I don't like taking unnecessary medications so I've been trying to research it as much as possible. I started vitex 2 cycles ago so I'm really hopeful this go round. We TTC our first DS for 4 months and I started vitex and used preseed and was pregnant the 5th month. I'm not sure if it was the vitex or not. I hope it was so that it can happen again! DH has been taking fertilaid and countboost as well just in case, although we don't think he has a problem, but it can't hurt right? Did you just find out LO was a girl? Little girls are amazing and so fun. My DD is 13 now. :)

You wait so long for the bfp, and then it's gone and it just is so depressing. :(

I thought so too about clomid, but after asking around on here some ladies have told me it also improves egg quality so in the case of diminishing ovarian reserve, I suppose it might help? I don't know. I don't like taking unnecessary medications so I've been trying to research it as much as possible. I started vitex 2 cycles ago so I'm really hopeful this go round. We TTC our first DS for 4 months and I started vitex and used preseed and was pregnant the 5th month. I'm not sure if it was the vitex or not. I hope it was so that it can happen again! DH has been taking fertilaid and countboost as well just in case, although we don't think he has a problem, but it can't hurt right? Did you just find out LO was a girl? Little girls are amazing and so fun. My DD is 13 now. :)

Well clomid seems to work for a lot of women so anythings worth a try right? Hopefully the vitex will help out too. Yes I had the Panorama test at 11 weeks and found out we were having a healthy baby girl. We are so very pleased to be pregnant with a healthy baby she could have been half Klingon lol.

Ahahaha that's awesome! What is the Panorama test?? My youngest is 20 months, but I already feel so out of the loop with all the new stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->