getting inducedd..!!

kandykisses

Reaction score
hii im getting induced using gel on thursday as baby is wayy to big and its either that or c section :/

ii was just wondering if anyone had ever had the gel before and if it worked?

would love to hear your stories

thanks
xx

Congrats on your date! I'm being induced using gel on Wednesday so I'm interested to see what other ladies have to say...

Hi - I'm in the same position. I'm 38+1 and saw my consultant yesterday. She wants to induce me at 40wks. How are you feeling about being induced?

Hi. Can I ask how big baby is? I'm 5 days overdue and have been told baby is at least 9 pound a week ago already but it's still only a natural birth for me!

Good luck hun, mine worked when i had it along time ago so i'm hopeing the tecnolagy stuff is even better this day and age as it was 1999 lol i cant believe this is the last night im going to be pregnant xx

I had a growth scan at 37 weeks and baby was 7lb and 14oz. All measurements are bang on except for a big tum. I'm REALLY suprised they're talking about inducing me - I never expected it.

I had an induction last time at 38 weeks - it started with gel and that did start the labour off about 3 hours after they inserted it, but it depends how ready your body is - sometimes they need to place gel more than once. They did however add itocin to a drip after I had started contracting and baby was born 12.5 hours after the first gel was inserted. Good luck with your induction.

my baby is measuring above the 95th centile
they havent told me a pridicted weight because they said its not accurate
but they dont think his head will fit into my pelvis as he is measuring above the 95th centile on everything.
so they are starting me off but they think i most prob might end up having a c section anyways :(

but ii hope it does work!

and ii was supposed to be going in on wednesday but they are full so gotta wait till thursday xx

for me the gel didnt work and I had it numerous times over 10 days just made my bh very painful:(, but in retro respect it was 17 years ago so hopefully things and such have progressed to the point that they work much better nowa day or maybe i had a very stubborn baby on the day they were going to do a csection she decided to come on her own:)
My second dd was a week early on her own accord came a week early and weighed 9lb 9oz my easiest birth ever and my ds was premie at 5 weeks early, but we were lucky all was well and i was home in a few days xx

They induced me the gel with my first at 10 days overdue even though they were telling me she was big. She was born after 5 hours of labour and was 9lbs 9oz. You have a choice on whether or not you get induced and when. They cannot force you into anything. If you want to wait a few more days that is your right. May be you will go into labour on your own. Plus your babe could be normal size. My sister in law was told her baby was at least 11lbs (ultrasound) and they just went ahead and booked a c-section-baby was 6lbs!!!! She was furious as she wanted to deliver vaginally. She clearly could have too. Don't let them scare you into a c-section. They are definately useful when needed. The gel does not cause the awful contractions that pitocin does and if your body is ready it will work. It takes a few hours to kick in. I have had the gel 3 times. Twice with my 2nd delivery. It did not take as well as the first but still set labour in motion. Good luck

oh and my daughter had the biggest head to ever be born in that hospital by vaginal or c-section delivery! 38cm! Our bodies are amazing! I am 5' 9" tall but weighed 130lbs before pregnancy, I am small and delivered her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->