Getting Into Shape Before Trying

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
This may sound ridiculous but I would like to get into shape before hubby and I try getting pregnant... I think I'm around 15-20 lbs over my healthy weight mark.

Is this pointless since I'll most likely put it all back on (and more!) during the pregnancy?

I think it's great you want to get into shape before getting pregnant. You may gain it back during pregnancy but you will have less weight that you overall want to lose when the baby comes (harder to find time to exercise with a baby). I hope to lose 10 pounds before I start trying again.

It's an excellent idea to get in shape before pregnancy - and you won't necessarily gain it back during pregnancy. I have a friend who is due early December and she only gained five pounds - and that's just over the past month.

I'd love to lose a considerable amount of weight before we ttc.

I am also 15-20 lbs. and when we were starting TTC I began in earnest to get in shape, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending), I got pregnant immediately and had to abandon the weightloss plan.

I think it's a commendable idea; you will probably gain most of it back while pregnant, but it'll be easy to lose afterwards. Not to mention the health benefits during your pregnancy: lower stress, lower blood pressure, higher metabolism, etc.

I think its a fab idea!! The way I see it is the healthier you are the healthier your baby will be. It will also give you something to focus on whilst waiting!

Good luck!

That is a great idea, and also, sometimes losing even a bit of weight helps during ttc. I have a bit more than a little to lose, so I am right with you. I have already started down that path myself, but it is so hard working overnights. I wish you the best of luck, and I think it is a good idea, but don't stress it if you don't get to your goal and find yourself pregnant, it is no big deal, as long as you are healthy :D:hugs:

Im a bit chubby. I really should try and lose some too before i start ttc.

i actually think you are very smart!!!!

i got preggers about 2 stone overweight (bad idea)!!!! i put on just over 4 stone while preggers. i went up to 15stone (really bad as i am only 5ft 2in tall). i now weigh 12stone 4ibs and my pre pregnancy weight was 11stone, or just over, cannot remember exactly.

i wish i had lost that 2 stone before falling pregnant, really i do so i think you are right in your way of thinking. i wont even consider having another baby until i have shifted this weight!!!

good luck to you hun.

Christine
XXXXX

I have just started a diet plan to get into shape. I think it's a great idea and I was told it's easier to lose the weight before pregnancy than to try and lose the baby weight plus all the extra after. It's apparently also better if you're in shape for labor and initially getting preggers. I personally would like to feel healthier before ttc!! Good luck with your weight loss goals

im eating a curlywirly right now. Might have to start tomorrow :)

i want to im 130 and wana be 110 hehe

Thats an awesome idea, cause you will be healthy and you will have a super cute baby bump!

Aye, its a fab idea. Now that i'm back from my stint of unofficially TTC, i'm going to to lose 1st7lb before i even start to think of trying! That way it's a lot more manageable to put less weight on all over when pregnant.. My mum had the most gorgeous bump, she put 13lbs on with my bro and it all went on her bump and bum lol. Just hope i'm gona have the same! :)

mmmmmm im loving curly wurlys at the mo!!!!! lol

Losing weight is a great idea before ttc and any fitness routine you have you can adapt for thoughout your pregnancy too so you you still keep your fitness up and suposedly have an easier labour!!! x

Oh man....you just hit my soft spot.... :cry: I want to loose some weight too.....but everytime I start a exercise plan on a Monday I give up by Thursday and then it takes forever for me to find the next right "Monday" to start again :dohh:...... oh...... then I have my mom with her cakes and sweets .and lets not forget dh with his pizzas and hamburgers at night ...how can I say "NO" I dont need that I am happy with my stick of celery ??!!!!...I just don't see it happening.... how I mean HOW do you say No and stick to your plan!!!?????!!!! could some strong ones out there give me a clue!!! sorry I feel like I've taken over your thread....sorry...:cry:

Oh man....you just hit my soft spot.... :cry: I want to loose some weight too.....but everytime I start a exercise plan on a Monday I give up by Thursday and then it takes forever for me to find the next right "Monday" to start again :dohh:...... oh...... then I have my mom with her cakes and sweets .and lets not forget dh with his pizzas and hamburgers at night ...how can I say "NO" I dont need that I am happy with my stick of celery ??!!!!...I just don't see it happening.... how I mean HOW do you say No and stick to your plan!!!?????!!!! could some strong ones out there give me a clue!!! sorry I feel like I've taken over your thread....sorry...:cry:

I know what you mean. I keep messing up my diets.
Ive had anorexia twice in the past and i keep figuring id rather be overweight than ill again, but its no good. I so want to lose some weight before i start ttc. Sorry, im not helping, i just wanted to let you know your not alone :hugs:

I joined spark people and keep accountable with people on there. I like it because I can track all my nutritional info and it tells me how much exercise I have to do a day. I joined 2 weeks ago and have lost 6 pounds, I'm excited and extremely motivated! Good luck everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->