Getting Into Shape Before Trying

and thanks for the curly wurly info, I guess I'm glad they don't have that in the US...I have a big weakness for chocolate and caramel! LOL

I'm not helping the mission...I am going now....:rofl:

spark people ?....hm I think I am gonna check that out!!! thanx alot ladies you all are so great!!! good luck to all!

I also have started losing weight before TTC we had a thread a while back where we would weigh in once a week... but then it was just me and porkpie and then she got pregnant so it was just me all alone. So far I have lost 20lbs and I have about 20 more to lose.

It's definitely not ridiculous! It's a great idea to get into shape, that is what I am working on. I do not need to lose any weight, but I want to be active and fit. They say that in general women in good shape have an easier time during pregnancy and giving birth. As others have said, you may have an easier time getting rid of your pregnancy weight after giving birth if you get in shape now! Good luck!

Oh man....you just hit my soft spot.... :cry: I want to loose some weight too.....but everytime I start a exercise plan on a Monday I give up by Thursday and then it takes forever for me to find the next right "Monday" to start again :dohh:...... oh...... then I have my mom with her cakes and sweets .and lets not forget dh with his pizzas and hamburgers at night ...how can I say "NO" I dont need that I am happy with my stick of celery ??!!!!...I just don't see it happening.... how I mean HOW do you say No and stick to your plan!!!?????!!!! could some strong ones out there give me a clue!!! sorry I feel like I've taken over your thread....sorry...:cry:

No worries :D I'm sure we'd all benefit from any advice on staying consistent. I'm finding that difficult as well. I have a soft spot for brownies!

I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight before ttc-ing. I'm 9st 10lbs at the moment (5ft 2 tall), which makes me just a bit heavier than I want to be - my size 12 clothes are getting a bit tight now, so if I could get down to 9st they'd fit properly again and I'd be happy.

Plus I'm a lazy moo and horribly unfit!

I am waiting on :witch: after which we can try again (1-4wks), however at the moment it seems like the waiting is taking forever :sad2: It seems like it is the only thing i can think about which probably drags it out even more.

I think having something else to focus on will make the time go quicker, so maybe and focusing on getting in shape and losing a few pounds might just be the thing!

My Plan is to lose 7lbs by xmas ( less than 5wks now :happydance:) by cutting the junk out my diet plus 2 * 20mins walk each day.

I'll report next Sunday and let you know how it goes.

its a great idea.
im trying to lose 3 stone, im finding using the wii fit board and family training a fun way to do it !

x

well as far as for me i feel the same way i would like to get into shape before we even start trying to ive been working out and the OH says when i am he'll be at the gym with me just incase something happens or anything so i guess its how ever youll feel about it i mean you should before you try cause its good to keep that up when you are pregnant

Getting fit before pregnancy is a great idea! Remember though, the key is "fit" not as in "fit into a size 6" but "fit" as in "in good physical condition", regardless of how much you weigh. I recently read several articles on the dangers of dieting before and during pregnancy. Of course I figured dieting DURING pregnancy was bad, but before? Didn't know about that.

Here are a couple articles that talk about it: https://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/pregnancy/nutritionpreg/articles/0,,237_178623,00.html

https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20081001/pre-pregnancy-dieters-gain-too-much-weight

In other words, it's good to cut out some junk foods, but all-out dieting can actually be bad. Exercise is the real key. In the long run, if you're physically healthy and active, regardless of what size you are, you're likely to have a healthier baby than if you simply focus on losing weight, particularly through dieting. (And believe me, I'm working on this too, lol)

Great idea..Im also trying to get into shape before we TTC #2. My OH is like, "Whats the diff..Lets do it right now, so you will only have to lose the weight once"...Nooooooo, you moron..it doesnt work that way!

Mee too... I've just posted on freecycle to see if anyone has any unwanted weightwatchers books!

I want to lose 10 pounds and work on my core strength.
I've got a weak lower back and Im convinced being PG will hurt my back like hell.

Anyone know of any good pre-conception fitness books?

I found a lot of preconception preparation for mind and body books at the library. Of course, it's late and my mind is a bit foggy to think of the titles, but your library could be a good place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->