Getting my baby to drink water

soleildujour

Reaction score
hi,

I just started solids last week and I'm having trouble getting my son to drink water.I've tried a spoon and his bottle. Just wondering if anyone has any tips that worked for them.

I wouldn't worry to much, my son would never drink water either, at this point your baby is getting all the liquid intake it needs from the breastmilk or formula. My son is almost 2 and to this day he doesn't like to drink just plain water.

Yeah at 3 mo they really shouldn't be having any extra water, they don't need that until atleast 6mo and really not at all until 12mo, they get what they need from formula or breastmilk. But really he shouldn't have solids that early either...I tried to post a link to why but it won't let me since I dont' have enough posts. But at 3mo they shouldn't have anything but breastmilk or formula, giving them solids before 6mo increases their risk for obesity, digestive problems, allergies, diabetes among other things.

I wouldn't stress about it too much. If you just started he is probably not eating that much and will still have a pretty good amount of formula or breastmilk.
Just keep trying a little bit every few days and he will eventually come to. :hugs:

I wouldn't worry to much, my son would never drink water either, at this point your baby is getting all the liquid intake it needs from the breastmilk or formula. My son is almost 2 and to this day he doesn't like to drink just plain water.

I agree. My doctor said babies under one year do not need water, and definitely should not be given water before six months of age.

Max was weaned at 3 months too ..he was getting cereal and some fruit like apple :) and he is in no was obese or having digestive problems ! he dose not like water very much even till this day I usually offer some home made juice or store bought 100% organic

At 3 months old your son doesn't need any water, nor solids. All the nutrition he needs is in breastmilk and formula. A baby won't need water until 12 months. My suggestion would be to wait for your baby to get closer to a year before trying water. We let Hunter have water in a sippy cup at 9 months old, he didn't drink it, just play with the sippy. I would offer it to him in a sippy and let him get use to it and everything. On average it takes 12 times of trying something new for a baby to like it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->