Getting my Mirena fitted!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
I'm having the Mirena put in July 9th! And it's staying in for at least 2 years.. then we'll start TTC :) It pushes back our original date a bit, but hey ho what's one month when you're waiting 2 years really?

:mrgreen:

Now I'll get to practice BDing all I want :yipee:

I have a prescription for tablets I have to put "up there" 2-4 hours before I go to my appointment to get everything ready.. I've never put anything like that up there :rofl: so should be interesting!

Does anyone know if it hurts?? Or if it hurts to walk or anything after? :rofl:

I think I remember hearing that you may have a bit of cramping afterwards but I don't think it is too bad

Hun please please check out www.curezone.com and search mirena IUD, I had one put in 3 years ago, ended up with weight gain, acne, and severe depression (to the point of trying to top myself) which I put down to massive stress, parents going through a really messy divorce etc. I decided to get it out as wanted to TTC soon and wanted my body to be natural before hand. While researching how to get it out (I had it put in surgically while I waqs getting a laparoscopy and wasn't sure if I had to have it removed surgically) I came across cure zone. There are thousands of women who have gone through hell and currently a law suit in America to take the production company to court for not labelling all the side effects.

Anyway, since having the Mirena removed I have been fine, the depression is gone, my skin has cleared up and I am not PMSing constantly. I also taked to a mate of mine, and not two weeks after having hers put in she developed manic depression and bi polar. Had it out after I told her about cure zome...and shes doing much better.

I'm not saying to you don't do it, I know Mirena can work for some people, but please be aware of all the risks, even the ones they do not tell you about. At the end of the day it is your decision, but please just check out www.curezone.com and have a look for yourself.

I hope you don't think I'm being horrible in this post, just concerned for you!

My mam had it in and said it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing to bad afterwards.

Well Guessing it will be similar to other IUD it will probably only be sore when it gets laid into it..

I was a little crampy but had a sleep when i got home and was fine when i woke up. Its like a smear, the only part was when then clamped the opening of the cervix to keep it still to insert the coil, it made me feel abit funny and faint.

I have had no side effects so far :)

Had some cramping not bad tho. But I bled for the first 3 months. Then I had extreme PMS every month from it. After a year I would bleed every 2 weeks for 2 weeks. My doctor insisted this was ok. Well, about 4 months ago it fell out. I did not get another one. I am not a fan of the IUD.

Good Luck tho! everyone is different.

My mum has one in and has no problems with it, of course I researched side effects and stuff, but not EVERYONE can have those or else they'd take them off the market... :)

I'm excited to try it out :)

My mum has one in and has no problems with it, of course I researched side effects and stuff, but not EVERYONE can have those or else they'd take them off the market... :)

I'm excited to try it out :)

I don't mean to burst your bubble but.... I had a mirena for 5 years. It was fantastic. I then had some abnormal cells removed from a bad smear test result, so my mirena was replaced. 2 months after I all of a sudden was depressed and developed an under active thyroid almost overnight. Most recently, I had a 10cm cyst, my right ovary removed and a small cyst on my left ovary. I believe the mirena played a part in both of these and my consultant could not rule it out. Every woman is different and I reacted differently to 2 identical mirenas. I'm so pleased I am PG now as my consultant has said I need my kids now in case I need the left ovary removed. There is a petition on discovery health forum to get more research into the mirena and to get it put on hold, and lots and lots of stories detailling the health problems created by the mirena. Please read it before you make your final decision. I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I have gone through. By no means do I mean to scare you, I just want you to be aware of everything xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->