Getting nervous

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
The nerves are starting to kick in about labour :(

Labour with DS wasn't too bad until right at the last minute when he got stuck and I needed an episiotomy and ventouse delivery.

The midwife was monitoring him with a clip on his head and they lost his heartbeat for a whole 8 minutes so needed to get him out.

I'm so worried something like that will happen again.

Has anyone got any words of reassurance?! Or techniques for dealing with anxiety? X

Didn't want to read and run but I hope someone has some advice for you! I know anxiety can be horrible sometimes but every experience is different :hugs:

Thanks hon. If I could do DS's birth again minus the crazy end bit, I'd be happy! I've downloaded hypnobirthing to see if that helps with the worrying!

I know how you feel Aleks birth was a long drawn out stressful affair. I had a 4 day failed induction followed by an 'emergency' section and a 3 day stay in hospital :( already worried about birth this time

The length of stay worries me too. But I guess that's outwith my control. As I suppose is everything else, it's just the frantic end of DS's labour that I really hope does repeat itself this time round.

I listened to hypnobirthing last night and slept well (despite a small bed guest!!) so will keep going with that. Hopefully that'll help me stay calm x

I had the exact same thing except he had the cord around his neck and ventouse failed and they had to use forceps in the end.

I've spoken to a consultant about it and there is absolutely no reason for it to happen again, 8 out of 10 women who have an assisted birth go on to have none for subsequent births. :hugs:

The nerves are starting to kick in about labour :(

Labour with DS wasn't too bad until right at the last minute when he got stuck and I needed an episiotomy and ventouse delivery.

The midwife was monitoring him with a clip on his head and they lost his heartbeat for a whole 8 minutes so needed to get him out.

I'm so worried something like that will happen again.

Has anyone got any words of reassurance?! Or techniques for dealing with anxiety? X

I understand how your feeling ! my labour with my first lasted 27 hours and just when I got to 9cm and thought i was going to be allowed to push i was also rushed to theatre as he's heart rate was dropping and he was distressed. Ended in episiotomy and foreceps to get him out & he was quite poorly afterwards (wasnt feeding and couldnt keep warm so we had to stay in for 2 days)

All i keep thinking is this next labour cant be any worse than that

Also second labours are normally quicker & easier so just keep telling yourself that and hopefully we'll be fine :happydance:

Thanks ladies, it's only when I looked back on it now that I find it so scary. Perhaps it's because I now know what labour is like that I am apprehensive.

I just need to keep thinking what will be will be and that I have to make sure I'm in the right place getting the care I need x

Hope I can help! My first labour was 26 hours, back to back hell (to this day no words come close to describing the pain) and an overall traumatic experience.

Second time around I was very nervous about going through birth again and quite apprehensive when we arrived at the hospital (I even stalled at home until 8cm bc I was afraid, ha!). It couldn't have been a more different experience and really helped me make peace with my first birth. I had a "normal" labour that, while still very painful, wasn't anything near my first. It was 13 hours which means I cut my time on half (very common!) and after having baby said "I could do that again!" Instead of my original statement "I am NEVER doing that again!" :D

You got this! Every birth is different and I'm sure this time will be better!

Thanks so much for the reassurance! I've heard a few others say their second labour was shorter.

I wonder if this will be the case with me though as I had to have syntocin when things slowed about 7cm, and I wasn't as overweight as I am now (about 18lbs heavier than I was with DS1).

I've got it in my head that my BMI means it'll be horrific and traumatic and dangerous :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->