Getting onto my own driveway issues :/

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
I don't know if to say something or not as I just don't wanna cause any unnecessary tension and I feel like this poor guy can't park anywhere but my neighbours parking is making it increasingly difficult for me to get onto my driveway. We live in a cul-de-sac and my house I'd directly opposite the road entrance to the cul. My next door but one neighbour used to park their second car across the cul where there are 5 spaces; 4 for the houses on the road that leads into our cul and one guest space. A they had a bit of a Barney with the people across the road because they claimed they owned the space our neighbours were parked in and somebody else was using the guest space so the other people blocked our neighbour in one morning which was a really crappy thing to do. So anyway our neighbour said he'd bring across the deeds to show they own that space but it turns out they don't own it (according to other neighbour) so now he's started parking his car in front of his wife's car in front of their driveway. It's not on their driveway at all, it's basically just on the road but it's an estate car so it almost hangs over onto the start of the entrance to our driveway. It's not actually on our land but it's not on theirs either and reversing off our drive is sooo difficult, I can't do it and I also struggle to reverse on cos I have to quickly swing it round and I'm a nervous wreck every time I do it, thinking I'm gonna hit his car or our direct neighbours car. So it's easy to drive onto our drive but (for me at least) really really hard to reverse off or it's really hard to reverse onto our driveway but easy to drive off it. I just feel like it shouldn't be this difficult to drive on and off my own driveway. I much prefer to be able to reverse onto my drive cos my son sits in the very back of the car (7 seater) and I lift the boot up, unclip him and he gets out himself and goes into the house.

This is probably making a mountain out of a molehill but I'd like to not struggle this much to drive onto my own property. Him parking like this doesn't inconvenience him but it makes it difficult for me :nope:

Also, I have to add, today i did my major food shop for Christmas and I couldn't reverse on so I had further to go with loads of bags and I had to just make loads of trips whilst the kids had meltdowns cos they wanted lunch. It was just a stress I could have done without right now.

I would go speak to him. I wouldn't be rude or aggressive, just let him know that you realise that it's a difficult situation for him but that it's blocking your drive and you should be able to get into your own drive.
I would emphasise to him you realise that it is difficult for him to find a parking space, I would perhaps tell him that anecdote that you wrote here about the shopping.

Ask him politely to park more considerately?

People can be so selfish with their cars, or just ignorant to others.

Sorry your having these problems

Sorry you're having this issue hun, it's a nightmare when neighbours have parking issues xx I would speak to him really nicely and see how you go. Good luck xx

I don't have any advice but I share your pain. My next door neighbour's family insist on parking in such a position that it makes it a right faff to reverse out of my own drive way. They're parking in the road so there's nothing to stop them but I don't see why they can't park across the street where there is loads of space.
I am a complete chicken though so have never mentioned it as I don't want to make waves over something relatively inconsequential.

I would definitely talk to him; it's a problem if he's blocking part of your drive. I hope it goes well! Nobody wants to have these conversations with neighbours but he shouldn't put you in that position. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->