Getting over the fear.

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
I have 2 children and I carried those witout any problems etc. In January I lost a baby at 15weeks gestation (although it was missed untill 17 weeks)

I am just so scared about ttc ever again. How do you get over the fear of this happening again :( Would I have any more check ups then usual? x

Well, you never really get over it unfortunately. You just have to move on and keep your faith. Not sure about extra testing and such, I have extra due to PCOS, incompetent cervix, PROM with both of my living children, 1 mmc and 1 blighted ovum, and even a chemical pg to add to it all! So they see me quite often since I am labeled extremely high risk. Just kinda depends on your situation and your doc. Good luck and hope you get your BFP and a little sticky bean this time around!

I'm there with the listkeeper - you prob won't get over it - I have pcos too - it does increase the risk of mc dramatically but it won't stop me trying again although I am terrified of another mc.

I think that as you were further on in your pregnancy ( I was only 7-8 weeks ) it may have a much deeper impact for you emotionally.

As for being treated differently next time I think it can depend, unfortunately, on your dr and PCT as to how much added care you get - you prob should sit down with your gp and just ask.

Good luck and I am sorry for your loss.

hx

Thank you for replying. I am not 100% ready to try just yet but I just am starting to think about it all. Many thanks and good luck to you both also x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->