getting pregnant right after a mc

Novbaby08

Mom to Harley & Piper
Reaction score
I miscarried Feb 16, haven't had a period yet but we've been trying for another ever since my bleeding stopped, is it possible to get preg right after without having a period first?

Yes so I understand it... although it can make dating the pregnancy difficult because you don't have a LMP to go by, so be prepared for some wacky dating scans :thumbup:

Hi, sorry to hear about your mc. Your body releases an egg before you get your period so you could fall pregnant then. It might be trickier to detect as you might still be showing positive on a test after the mc until your hcg levels drop right back down and having a mc can also knock your cycles out of their usual pattern too, but yes you can fall pregnant before your period x

Yes it is definitely possible - it happened to me. I lost my first baby at 6 weeks and got pregnant again 2 weeks later. I almost think having some hormones still in the system helped get things going but I don't think there is any evidence for that. I just felt my body knew what to do to keep the next one.

I hope you get a BFP very soon and am very sorry for your loss
My healthy son was born exactly a month after the due date of the baby we lost.
It can make dating tricky (not in our case - they used the date if the miscarriage as the first day of my LMP) but even if they'd told me to wait I couldn't. I felt I had to try straight away as I was desperate to be pregnant again.

so can you try after a miscarriage? is there a difference if you had d&c? i didnt have d&c. just so dont want to wait

i am so new at this how do you make a post of your own? miscarriages are trouble! do you really have to wait?

i am so new at this how do you make a post of your own? miscarriages are trouble! do you really have to wait?

Hello :wave:

Do you mean a thread of your own? (ie to ask your own question)if so go to the top of the page, click on TTC After a Loss link (or find the section of the forum you want to start a thread in) and when that page opens click the New Thread button that pops up just below the titles

x x x

It's happened to me 3 times, including my current pregnancy, so yes, happens. Good luck x

I had no D&C as it was a complete miscarriage quite early on (confirmed by a negative pregnant test after the miscarriage had happened to show no D&C would be needed). We started trying again right away which some people might think was a bit odd but I was desperate to get pregnant again.

It had no negative impact on the second pregnancy at all but mentally I was so careful and worried throughout that I got quite stressed with it all. I was convinced every twinge meant it was ending so in that respect it wasn't so good. I think though that once you've suffered a loss then perhaps you can never relax quite as much in pregnancy as someone who has never had one and never expects it to happen to them.

I'm wondering about this subject aswell. Most things I've been reading state that its best to wait until you have at least one period first. But Im now reading so many stories about people who have conceived straight after before a period and they have carried absolutely fine to full term.
Im in a dilema myself as to what to do, whether to start trying straight away or wait a cycle...decisions decisions

I am new to this forum and this is exactly the topic I was wondering about, so I would so grateful for any thoughts or advice. I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks 5 days on 10 Feb and we started trying again. I am convinced I did conceive, as I had every symptom in the book for about 5/6 days, until last night. I'd seen the doctor yesterday (the day my period would have been due in normal circs) and tested negative but she said it might be too soon to test... And then I started bleeding with lots of huge clots (many apologies for TMI). This sounds pathetic and very ignorant, but am I having another miscarriage, or maybe it wasn't conception at all and it's normal to have all those symptoms and a horrible period after a miscarriage? Perhaps it was too soon to try again? My head's in a whirl at the moment and I'd be really grateful to hear any advice or experience others have.

I am new to this forum and this is exactly the topic I was wondering about, so I would so grateful for any thoughts or advice. I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks 5 days on 10 Feb and we started trying again. I am convinced I did conceive, as I had every symptom in the book for about 5/6 days, until last night. I'd seen the doctor yesterday (the day my period would have been due in normal circs) and tested negative but she said it might be too soon to test... And then I started bleeding with lots of huge clots (many apologies for TMI). This sounds pathetic and very ignorant, but am I having another miscarriage, or maybe it wasn't conception at all and it's normal to have all those symptoms and a horrible period after a miscarriage? Perhaps it was too soon to try again? My head's in a whirl at the moment and I'd be really grateful to hear any advice or experience others have.

Sorry for your loss, from reading on here I have found that the first or few AF following mc can be different, heavy or Clotty as you are still losing 'artefacts' from your mc. So this could be what's happening with you

Hope u feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->