Getting pregnant while breastfeeding?

flower94

Mommy to Nevaeh
Reaction score
Hello ladies! We are itching for baby #3. Our son is almost 10 months old and I just got my first PPAF. He started sleeping through the night (13 hours!) at 7 months and has 4 feeds throughout the day. How long did it take you ladies to conceive after your first AF while breastfeeding? We're hoping to fall pregnant soon, but I don't know what to expect.

My first PPAF came back at 7 months and I conceived at 11 months PP. I only had three cycles in that time though.

Hi, I got my first PPAF at 13 months, and conceived that month so only ended up having one period. Bit of a surprise really, but a happy accident as I wasn't sure if we'd end up having a sibling for Poppy as I was 39!

I had my first PPAF at 6 months. DD is almost 9 months now and haven't had AF since that first one. DD sleeps 12 hours at night and nurses 4-5 times during the day, so I suppose BF is still messing with my cycle a bit.

No PPAF yet for me :/. Which is ok since I am trying to wait till at least July to TTC. Lets hope it shows up by then lol.

I had my first period at 6 months post partum and got pregnant the next month

I had my first period 8.5 months post partum. My cycles were a bit irregular to start with. I got pregnant when she was just under 1 year and I had 3 periods in that time. LO was still waking in the night and feeding frequently in the day but she was eating lagre quantities of solids so I think she had cut back a lot on the quantity of milk.

my first PPAF returned at about 4 1/2 months PP while i was still breast feeding fulltime (no solids introduced). i had seemed to be back to my 38 day cycle as it returned 38 days later the next month. it has either skipped a month since it has'nt shown up yet, or i may be pregnant again (i have not tested).

LO is now 7 months :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"