Getting prepared

CeriB

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

I'm pg with my 2nd and bf'ed DD for 10months. I had a tough few weeks at the beginning but soon settled in to it and it became easier and more enjoyable.

I bought a bottle starter pack and pump with DD which only got used a few times but wanted it in case.

Anyone with 2+ LO's - did you find BFing easier the second time?

Everyone - did you get a bottle/pump kit in preparation?

I'm not sure which way to go this time!! Thanks:flower:

I did not plan on pumping but ended up stopping by WIC (in the USA) shortly after birth and they gave me a free hand pump. Now I only use it for school

i got a pump with my 2nd for times i would want to go out without baby - ended up that my 2nd baby wouldn't take anything but boob, lol! almost 9 months and still never takes bottles.

i DID find BF'ing MUCH MUCH easier this time around. i knew what to do, to help him to latch, i didn't worry so much about how much he was eating, i was more relaxed. i had more milk this time around (lower supply last time, ended up switching to formula at 10 months). i think because i was more relaxed this time, my milk supply is much, much better.

I got a pump for my second but also pumped with my first. Didn't breastfeed my first as such, expressed and formula feed for 6 weeks. This baby I really wanted to breastfeed and managed too after a few weeks off difficulty. I now do a bit of both, breastfeed and express

I found breastfeeding much easier the second time round and no pain at all unlike the first time.
I got an electric breast pump so that I could express sometimes if I needed to be away. That was not very often but I found it useful to have.

BF is definitely easier the second time around. Any pain lasts a day or two instead of a few weeks. Supply is better. Less overall anxiety. Better knowledge about clusterfeeding. I pumped with all of mine and will again as I will have to go back to work by 12 weeks PP. While you don't want introduce a bottle too early, don't wait too long if you need baby to take bottles. Baby can get so used to the breast that they refuse all bottles. Most say 4-6 weeks is a good time to introduce a bottle. My baby is 3 weeks and I will be starting pumping in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->