Getting really frustrated with DH!!!!!!! Please I need advice

hopeful4bfp

Reaction score
So I'm getting really frustrated with my husband.... A couple months ago we were ntnp but then he took a new job and had some problems and we stopped until everything were settled again....

Now he's going back and forth on wanting a child..... one day he will be excited talking about children and what he wants to do and teach them.. how he wants to raise them....

Then a couple days later if i bring it up hes all no i want to wait

He even got upset when i told him i had to work overnight a couple nights this month because "were trying to make a family and we cant because your not home days at a time." Then when im like ok i should be ovulating so lets make a family... he tells me he wants to wait a little more

Its so frustrating to get all excited about making a baby just to be shot down and disappointed when he changes his mind

What can i do.... im almost to the point of lying to him and then if it happens hope he will be excited but i know that that is never a good idea to lie to your SO but i dont know what to do

Hugs hunny

It can be completly frustrating, they seem to chop and change all the time

I just said now theres no contraception, if he wants to be careful or prevent then thats his choice. No lies necessary.

Its really hard though when you want to speak up and then feel frustrated if they have yet again changed their mind

Hugs hugs hugs xxx:hugs:

We have just started NTNP and I don't want to bring up the subject at all, bc I don't want him to get scared about it! Even though he was the one who suggested it (bc he knows I want to but wouldn't ask).

That would be so frustrating though! Good luck hon!

Trapping him into a pregnancy isn't the right way to go about it. I know that sometimes it's tempting, because you will know that they will be excited about it when it actually happens, but you don't want to risk him feeling he was trapped into it, or it happened when he wasn't ready for it.

Have you asked him why he wants to wait? I mean, actually sitting down and thrashing it out? There's no such thing as perfect timing, but being as ready as possible is a bonus. Perhaps he's having second thoughts about some aspects of it, or perhaps he's doubting his abilities as a father. If you can discuss it properly, perhaps you will help him to realise that this is what he wants, or perhaps you can come to an agreement that it may not be the right time now, but that maybe in 6 months or a year, it will be the right time.

I know that waiting is hard, but if it's waiting to be able to provide a better life for your family, then perhaps it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->