Getting really frustrated

R

rjb

With poor Adelaide's stomach trouble:(
she'll be sleeping perfectly happy and then a cramp will hit and she screams.
She only has a BM every 1-3 days(generally 3)
We've tried so many different things and I just feel so bad for her :(
Any advice on atleast how to soothed her?

What formula (Im assuming shes on formula) is she on?

We had to go from Good Start to Similac Sensitive because Finn was spitting up so much. The first month or so after the switch he had gas, very gross poops that only came every couple days and was clearly uncomfortable. He's on 1/2 breast milk (pumping) too.

After a month his tummy seems to adjust. We get 1/2 poops a day. They're not gross and sticky like they were.

For his gas pain though we gave him Gripe Water and Colic Tablets. Both are homeopathic, but they seemed to actually help.

We were having the same problem and had to switch to soy. I think its fairly common for babies to have problems digesting dairy. I would talk to your doctor about it.

Shes tried soy, and enfamil sensitive, on top of several other regular formulas(gerber, good start, plain enfamil, plain similac, parents choice)
But she's currently on similac sensitive.
She has lots of terrible gas but no poop
We've spoken to the doctor, not much they can do except what we've been doing
We've tried gas drops as well, no help
And probiotics, no help

I think you need to keep her on one formula longer. She's only a month old, I dont know how you've had time to try that many! She should be on each formula for about 2 weeks to get her system assimilated to it, unless it's causing really horrible things to happen.

She threw up with soy each feed, screamed with plain enfamil and sensitive, gerber just was no change, just saw though, we bought parents choice but haven't used it, and gerber and good start are the same one.
but her doctor approved and reccommended each switch so I figured it was ok

Are her poos hard when she does finally go? For about Noah's first 2 months he'd only poo once every 2 days and I was a bit worried but HV said as long as they're still runny it doesnt matter about how often they go, its about what its like when they do go :) No advice on the pain, as I dont know what stuff you have over there for it. Hope she feels better soon :( x

:( Poor Adelaide! Have you tried Gripe Water? Esmee used to have horrendous tummy cramps and this stuff worked a treat :)
xx

like anna said, when she finally does have a BM is it hard and kind of pellet like? if it is, then it's definitely constipation and needs to be checked out. but lily was only going one every two days for the first month and i was really worried, but like anna said, dr said that as long as her stools are still soft, all is well.

sorry :( that is definitely frustrating. your dad is a pediatrician though, right? did he recommend anything? xxx

i know poo pumping works for constipation

( poo pumping is just laying them down and holding their feet pushing their knees to their belly for 15 mins 3 times a day) my youngest brother was a premmi and he sufferd badly with constipation and the poo pumping really worked)

Oohh ive never heard of pooh pumping before.. Good to know lol.
Kent used to be like that but he was older when he started.. he has always been a gassy baby tho. But yeah the constipation started a little later..
Is she just constipated or really gassy aswell.?
I know stool softerners work but i have no idea on if a baby only 1 month old is allowed it or not.. maybe ask a DR?
Hope she feels better soon...

My pediatrician also recommended putting a bit of dark karo syrup in her bottle to help her go. I know some people claim that karo syrup can cause botchulism, but thats been disproven. I think we used 2T per 2oz, but I would ask your DR to be sure.

yes, like someone else said, poo pumping also really helps! my little lily gets very gassy and poo pumping REALLY helps let it out.......... lol

We tried the dark Karo, but I hate putting sugary stuff in her bottle, it seems unhealthy.
We're going to get Gripe Water today as a lot of people have recommended.
Also, they're soft and normal when they do come, she just strains so much that I worry.
But we're trying!
And to whoever asked (sorry, I forget who it was lol)
My dad says we just need to find the right combination of things

I wouldn't worry too much if they are soft when they do come. But I hope the gripe water helps!

try a bit of cooled boiled water with some apple juice in.
my little girl used to keep me up till 4 in the morning every morning for the first 4 weeks screaming her head off, then i started a routine of giving her a small amount of cooled boiled water with a small amount of apple juice in between feeds and the poo pumping, also laying her down on her side rubbing her back and belly in a downward motion (down towards her bum) this really helped move the gas down, then the poo pumping helped it out so she wasnt straining anymore.
just as long as her poos are soft its just a case of finding the right routine of things for your little lady, but do give it a few weeks for her tiny body to get used to it all before changing anything again.
hope you get it sorted soon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->