getting really scared thinking bout giving birth-Help

MUM 2 BE

Reaction score
so now im getting really scared thinking about giving birth, people keep telling me how painfull it is, and gas and air dont work and stuff n now im really worrying :( i cant handle pain at all, im such a wuss! when im poorly i just want to sleep, can some ov u who have given bith tell me honestly what its like please.

url=https://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev105pbs__.png[/url][/IMG]

i wouldnt say birth was painful, or more, that its a 'different' kind of pain. i was more knackered than anything else! you forget once baby is here, i promise!

really wasnt as awful as i built it to be. i was overcome with determination to push, but was so sleepy from the drugs i was quite chilled out and wanted to sleep more than anything!

i had a horrible first labour, was in active labour on the delivery suite for 30 hours before they realised my son was laid back to back and was stuck, coz of a problem with his heart beat they had to get him out quick i was told usually id of had to have a c section but theatres were full so with out time for an epidural they had to use forceps and get him out quick. it hurt like hell and was the worst pain id ever felt but having said that, i think its pretty rare that they wouldnt notice that baby was stuck lol and like people say, once you hold your baby you forget the pain and thats so true. yeah it hurts, of course it does but for me, untill the forceps were involved the pain wasnt too bad.plenty of us go on to do it again so i guess it cant be so bad lol x

Criley, above is scary, il pm you my facebook hun i had this on my status about 2 weeks ago, and found out everyones stories - but over all everyones labour is different, if you go in with an open mind and the wish of seeing your baby you wont care what happens as long as all are healthy. I'm sure of that one hun! xx

There's really no point worrying over the horrible stories people tell about their births because it's all very individual. I know that's easier said than done, though, lol..it does seem pretty common that when someone says their pregnant, others go on to tell them their horror stories, lol...just keep in mind there are plenty of ''good'' stories out there about childbirth, too so it's easy to latch on to the negative ones.

I can understand your worries, though. I had 10 hours of active, painful labor (which I believe was exaggerated by being induced and having no pain killer with it) and then for the last two hours, I had an epidural, which was heaven. I did not forget the pain of labor so while it sounds lovely to say you forget when the baby is in your arms, I just didn't find that to be my experience at all, lol..

So it really is individual. I've heard plenty of stories from women who said it wasn't as bad as they were expecting and some that seemed to be relatively painless! So you just never know and it's best to go in with an open mind and no expectations. I too suffer with a bit of panic about childbirth this time, but I'm trying not to let it overtake me. I got a book called ''Childbirth without Fear'' that I've heard is very good, though it's a bit old school and written by a man. But some moms right here on BnB have recommended it. I've just started it so I can't comment on it yet, but it intrigued me because it seems to speak to the heart of my worries. Maybe try it for yourself and see if it allays some fears? I'm hoping it does for me :)

I haven't ever given birth, but I can thoroughly recommend reading Ina May gaskin's Guide to Childbirth. :thumbup:

Like Childbirth Without Fear it explains why some women have painful labours, but the first half of the book is filled with birth stories of women who have had natural births. Some of them are a bit "hippy-ish" for me, but some are really inspiring, and the second half of the book goes on to explain the mechanics and what you can do to help yourself.

I am not worried at all, and this is my first. I am just staying in denial. I'll think about it when it really hurts, but anticipating pain is probably even worse than the pain itself. So in denial I stay! :)

Well i had a lovely labour and birth with my son. yes it was painful but i coped well with a little gas and air and i was only in hospital and hour and a half before i delivered him. Saying that, in the final few mins the cord got wrapped around his neck so it was a bit of a panic to get him out quick so i had to keep pushing without a break of panting etc so i tore quite a bit. Got stitched but even that wasnt that painful i think i was just in awe of what had just happened. The pain is quickly forgotton as soon as baby is in your arms. Hope its as easy this time for me. Good luck xxx

Hey hun i have had 4 already and on no5 now lol. My first was painful and a struggle but turned out she was severly disabled and couldnt help herself like supposed to have. Then my boys were quite easy really, there was still am element of pain but not that much till i got to 10 cm dilated but again i just kept reminding myself what i was doing and what i was getting at the end of it all. That is a good way of getting through the pain. Have you looked into different methods of pain relief, there are a few things out there.

I can't say I'm not scared to give birth because I am but then I think "it can't be that bad if so many have them". :winkwink:

im terrified n ive done it 5 times already:) u do forget but it cant have been that bad i survived last time n im doing it again:) every labour is different i try not to think about it theres no point it will happen at some point n i'll deal with it then

Thanks everyone :D i supose ill just try not to think about it untill the day actually comes lol
i guess once i start feeling the pain and i know hes coming, all i will be concentrating on is getting him out!
Everybody is different fingers crossed its not to bad for me, coz i no itll put me off having any more lol
xx

im still quite chilled out about birth, its after i have a thing where i think baby is going to be snatched from me, so i'm labelling him with a tag :blush:

make sure its ok with MW and walk a lot while PG cus that will strengthen muscles you need for pushing which means less time doing it so less pain. I walked every day with my first and did not have any pain meds to help and delivered him in less than 2 hours from first contraction to last push. I have had 4 and am PG with #5 now and actually prefer to have no pain meds so my brain can function to its best, it hurts more if you spend too much time thinking about the pain. once the baby is born you dont think about it anymore so instantly you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->