• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting really tired of people getting offended over formula ingredients..

Status
Not open for further replies.

megrenade

Reaction score
UGH! I suggested goat's milk to a mommy asking a formula question and SHIT HIT THE FAN. The post got deleted before I saw any replies, but I can only imagine what it said.

In the U.S., infant formula is over 50% corn syrup solids. Disgusting. Not to mention, women can get it free here so they totally take advantage.

Yes, formula has been a life saver.. but it has also harmed and hurt a lot of babies too.

It's like you're a fucking bad guy for suggesting breastfeeding or anything somewhat natural :shrug:

Is it just goats milk on its own? What's the difference (how is cows milk not good but goats is?)
We've had bad luck with 2different brands of formula, "emergency" feeds have seriously made me wish I could have fed him (I had a ct scan and they used dye so I couldn't feed for 6hrs!)

Is it just goats milk on its own? What's the difference (how is cows milk not good but goats is?)
We've had bad luck with 2different brands of formula, "emergency" feeds have seriously made me wish I could have fed him (I had a ct scan and they used dye so I couldn't feed for 6hrs!)

Goat's milk is just WAY easier to digest. Cow's milk is HORRIBLE to digest which is why a lot of formula fed babies are gassy, fussy, and colicky. Not that breastfed babies aren't, but I think the number is a whole lot lower.

The bottom line is that cow's milk is for baby cows and human milk is for human babies.. goat's milk is the closest to human milk.. less lactose, easier digestible protein, etc.

Oh wow I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing :)
I would have said cows is better because we 'need' it as adults :confused: lol.

Oh wow I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing :)
I would have said cows is better because we 'need' it as adults :confused: lol.

We definitely don't need milk as adults.

You get more Vitamin D from the sun, fatty fish, yogurt, cheese, eggs, etc.

& you get MORE Calcium from dark, leafy green vegetables than milk.. orange juice and broccoli too.

And that's what the government wants you to think. Cow's milk is loaded with hormones and antibiotics, which is really not good for you. It can cause some young women to have early periods, large breasts, etc.. basically early puberty.. it also makes acne worse.

Don't get me wrong, I love an ice cold glass of milk with a piece of cake or pancakes.. but you shouldn't be giving it to your kids in mass amounts.

And if you think about it.. do you see ANY adult animals nursing? No, because they don't *need* milk anymore. Why are we the only things on the planet that drink milk in adult hood? It just doesn't make sense.

My grandpa always said, "milk is for babies." and never drank it.. and now I see why.

I'm writing those things down! I definitely don't eat enough of those :shock:

I've never thought about it like that, wise man ;)

My life is about educating and helping people.. genuinely, I really love to do this! And it feels awesome when people embrace it and actually listen instead of get offended.. thank you!

Anytime I said I BF, I would get weird looks and "but formula has everything in it a baby needs. Why bother?"

And then they would get mad when I pointed out (facts included) that this is actually untrue, and that it certainly isn't as good as BM in a lot of ways, nor does it have as much nutritional value. Oy.

In the UK you can buy a goats milk based formula. Hmmm interesting! I saw a nutritionist for my son and she never once suggested goats milk. Thanks for the info :)

Wow I never knew all that about goat's milk! Thanks for the info :thumbup:

I am not trying to be antagonistic but if you are so tired of the debate why did you continue the post. I breast fed but never made enough milk. I did not have the money for goats milk as it is crazy expensive here so unfortunatly my baby is one of those that was harmed by formula as you put it. I am glad that it was here so my baby did not have failure to thrive. I am not sure at this point what your post was supposed to be promoting.

I get fed up with being accused of bashing formula mums. I dont. I said the other day I was annoyed at the wrong info given to parents in the hospital. they where feeding their 2 hour old baby across from me 45ml of formula to which the baby threw up. Then the midwife came out with gaviscon. No one mentioned this was way too much for a new born baby just kept doing it. This apparently makes me a formula basher. I dont think so I would rather have seen that baby happy on the right amount and a less stressed mum but seems if you breastfeed you arnt allowed to speak of formula.

Whats in formula will be there at the end of it all,. It dosnt change. No matter how much someone gets offended and rows about it. So whats the point on rowing. Looking at the wrong people as usual. Fighting for better formula dosnt happen becuase every ones too offended and hurt.

I think this is the wrong website for you if you want to call formula disgusting.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but many, many excellent mums on here give their children this 'disgusting' food and I don't see how your post can be anything but completely disrespectful and insulting to them. Not to mention scaring them that formula is going to 'harm' their baby. I don't understand why you've written the post.

UGH! I suggested goat's milk to a mommy asking a formula question and SHIT HIT THE FAN. The post got deleted before I saw any replies, but I can only imagine what it said.

In the U.S., infant formula is over 50% corn syrup solids. Disgusting. Not to mention, women can get it free here so they totally take advantage.

Yes, formula has been a life saver.. but it has also harmed and hurt a lot of babies too.

It's like you're a fucking bad guy for suggesting breastfeeding or anything somewhat natural :shrug:

All babies are different, and what works for one may not work for another. I was also advised to use goats milk rather than cows by some supposed know it all health freaks that i know. I sadly stopped BF at 9 months due to returning to work, FF LO up until 12 months then put him on goats milk after doing research and being more or less convinced to do so, but in all honesty you'll find anything that you want to hear on google. Little did i know that it was the cause of his many respiratory infections, and need to go on many lots of antibiotics. About 9 lots so far this year in fact. Every minor cold he caught would turn into a horrendous chest infection and I just couldn't figure out why. I to this day feel terrible, upset, guilty and disappointed in myself for putting him on goats. I allowed people putting fears into me about cows milk to manipulate my decision. So I by doctors suggestion put LO back onto cows to see if it helps, he has barely been sick since. In fact there was a dramatic instant improvement in him in all aspects. And he has managed to catch a normal cold without it spiraling so out of control. He now seems like a normal healthy kid. Yep, on cows milk. 2x Bottles a day.

I have gone from believing all the stuff about the place from being vegan for 9 months, to vegetarian to now being back on board with the motto 'everything in moderation' and I now know for sure that one diet does not suit all.

Sure, some babies may do great on goats i don't doubt that - but some don't at all, and actually do better on cows. (like mine) or some are better off without any! Just BM then milk subs. We are all different so i don't feel anyone should be giving advice on what a mother should feed their child unless they are a qualified in that field and knows all the ins and outs. While goats sure can be great for some babies, after talking to doctors and doing research - a whole bunch of warnings come with it as well! It's not confirmed if my LO actually had an allergy, the docs are more leaning towards the fact that it just did not agree with him.

Of course BM is the best of all for us, but we have to understand that not all mum's want to BF or are able to - so as long as they're feeding their child, just leave it be.

I really regret some of the posts I have made on here regarding recommending goats milk to people.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very big BF supporter and hope to BF my next child a lot longer (I wont return to work so soon next time) But I am also a big supporter of a child just being cared for and loved, and the mother doing the best SHE can. Whether it be breast or bottle. Pointing out how formula has apparently hurt babies is pretty cruel imo. megrenade in all honestly, in your post you come across as if you think you are above other mothers here with your know it all attitude and cheap shots at FF mum's. Just live and let live.

Actually, goats milk is more similar to cows milk than to human milk. If you want an animal milk similar to human milk then you're looking at either donkey or mare milk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_milk

hahahah LMAO@Ass milk :haha:

"A female ass gives between 0.2 to 0.3 litres of milk a day"

So sorry but reading that cracked me up!!

But yes i found that info too a while ago :thumbup:

I can just hear the advertising jingle now:

"Don't poison your child with formula, what you need is ASS MILK. Mmm, de-lish!"

And here's a sensibly referenced, easy to read comparison of cow, goat and human milk.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/339040-comparison-of-human-milk-to-goat-milk-cow-milk-nutrition/

I get so irritated by people who promote goat milk as being better for babies than cow milk, especially when they do it without backing up the info with references. It's not better. I'm not saying it's actively bad for babies (though sandilion's experience has given me pause for thought) , but babies that have trouble with cow milk will mostly likely also have trouble with goat milk. This is because goat milk and cow milk are actually quite similar. Some babies may get on better with goat milk than cow milk, but that does not mean that cow milk is bad for all babies, or that goat milk is good for all babies.

Also, breast is best... most of the time. However, a good friend of mine is formula feeding because her LO was allergic to her breast milk, so anyone who thinks that breast milk is that answer to all of life's problems can go take a running jump as far as I'm concerned.

From now on though, I'm all about the ASS MILK. Mmm. De-lish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"