• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting really tired of people getting offended over formula ingredients..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Laodicean although I disagree with you on many things I agree with you 100% on goats' milk purportedly being better than cows' milk. Unmodified goats' milk is completely unsuitable for under ones and in the case of allergies could potentially be lethal. Although rare, it is possible to have an anaphylactic allergy to goats' milk exclusively and this is one reason why the government banned goats' milk formula in the UK because some babies were harmed by it. It is still sold but its not allowed to indicate it is suitable for use as infant formula on the packaging. There is also a great deal of cruelty involved in the goat milk industry, because yields are so much lower, they are even more intensively farmed and are unlikely to spend much time outdoors, if any. This includes the major organic producers in the UK too xx

Thank you! Laodicean although I disagree with you on many things I agree with you 100% on goats' milk purportedly being better than cows' milk.

Haha! I'm a complete troll most of the time, so there'd be something wrong with you if you agreed with me all the time. Ultimately, I'm a doctor, and as a profession we're known for having twenty opinions in a room with only five people in.

You should see me when I'm winding colleagues up, I've had standing rounds of applause from spectating nursing staff several times.

And remember: ASS MILK. The shizzle, y'all.

And let us hear no more about it.

:rofl: Hahahaha love it laodicean! Thanks for the giggle!

Thank you! Laodicean although I disagree with you on many things I agree with you 100% on goats' milk purportedly being better than cows' milk. Unmodified goats' milk is completely unsuitable for under ones and in the case of allergies could potentially be lethal. Although rare, it is possible to have an anaphylactic allergy to goats' milk exclusively and this is one reason why the government banned goats' milk formula in the UK because some babies were harmed by it. It is still sold but its not allowed to indicate it is suitable for use as infant formula on the packaging. There is also a great deal of cruelty involved in the goat milk industry, because yields are so much lower, they are even more intensively farmed and are unlikely to spend much time outdoors, if any. This includes the major organic producers in the UK too xx

I would like to apologize for in the past disagreeing with you regarding goats milk Summer Rain. At the time i thought goats milk was the bees knee's apart from BM, but all along i was terribly wrong and have always regretted disagreeing with you. You are so so right, I wish i listened... Im glad i realised when i did, but the fact I had him on it at all.. i just can't seem to forgive myself for. :(

But yeah, sorry love. You are right. :hugs:

I think this is the wrong website for you if you want to call formula disgusting.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but many, many excellent mums on here give their children this 'disgusting' food and I don't see how your post can be anything but completely disrespectful and insulting to them. Not to mention scaring them that formula is going to 'harm' their baby. I don't understand why you've written the post.

This is the bf forum. :shrug:
I don't agree with her on the whole goat's milk thing, but she said that formula is disgusting. Not "moms who ff are disgusting".
I think egg is disgusting. Is this the wrong website for me because some excellent moms feed their kids egg? Would me saying that egg is disgusting be seen as disrespectful or insulting? No, because for some reason only formula is protected from criticism in that way. Hold on to your jerky knees people.

I would like to apologize for in the past disagreeing with you regarding goats milk Summer Rain. At the time i thought goats milk was the bees knee's apart from BM, but all along i was terribly wrong and have always regretted disagreeing with you. You are so so right, I wish i listened... Im glad i realised when i did, but the fact I had him on it at all.. i just can't seem to forgive myself for. :(

But yeah, sorry love. You are right. :hugs:

No worries :hugs:. I used to believe the myths too but after my middle son came up in ugly itchy welts after having goats' milk I looked more deeply into it, though I knew in most cases goats' milk is unsuitable for those with dairy intolerances and allergies he had a digestive intolerance only to cows' milk at the time and was told it would help. It most certainly didn't. He did go on to develop rashes if he had cows' milk but even so it's never as severe as that time he had goats' milk. One of my friends was raised on goats' milk with vitamins added as her mother believed it was better than cows' milk formula and she kept vomiting on the cows' milk formula, she's ok but certainly not in glowing health and was very sickly as a child. In those days there were less alternatives, now there are some. Formula isn't perfect and most (not all) formula companies are ethically and morally bankrupt but its more suitable for babies than any type of neat animal milk or even homemade formula made with those milks xx

Let me clarify a few things lady.

1. I am in the United States.. and the fact that it is over 50% corn syrup solids *IS* disgusting.

2. This is the breastfeeding section, if you don't like breastfeeding or the idea, then get out of here. It's not like I posted it in the formula feeding section.

3. If you can't handle FACTS about what's going into your child's stomach, you shouldn't be feeding it to them. It's not fair. Why would you feed your child anything that you didn't know the ingredients of?

4. Again, it *has* been a life saver in many cases. Like others, I am just frustrated w/ how much it is pushed on new moms. It's not fair to the babies.

5. IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, KEEP SCROLLING. I am so tired of all the defensive people lashing out because of their deep-down guilt of not being able to or failing to breastfeed. I don't blame mommies for not being able to, but I will blame them when they start being defensive and chewing ME out when it was NOT a personal attack on ANYBODY HERE.

And 6. I posted about 3 posts, then spent the rest of my day with my son.. this post was on FACEBOOK and I did not see any replies. I wasn't arguing with anybody, someone was arguing with me when I wasn't even near a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"