Getting self concious about NIP

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Now that LO is getting bigger people seem to look at me funny when I nurse him. Not everyone, I still get smiles sometimes, but a lot of people seem to think you should just stop BF at 6 months. Does anyone else feel like this? What age did you/do you still NIP?

I still NIP frequently. The more casual you are about it, the less other people tend to take notice. If you look like you're just going about your business and aren't giving submissive or shy body language, even douchebags think twice about saying anything. And as long as they're not bothering you, who really cares what they think as long as you're doing the right thing for your baby? :)

Oh dear... I plan to nurse until LO is 2 years old. I hope I won't feel awkward about it.

I've never seen older babies/toddlers being breastfed, so I feel a bit awkward. Not gonna stop NIP, just wondering if others have felt the same?

I have felt this occasionally it doesnt bother me enough to stop. lo is 10.5 months and i nip most days.

I've never seen older babies/toddlers being breastfed, so I feel a bit awkward. Not gonna stop NIP, just wondering if others have felt the same?

Definitely feel the same or similar. It can be super awkward at times. You're certainly not alone in how you feel. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->