Getting Skinny :) (Renamed)

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Well since my girly was a year old yesterday and I still haven't dropped any weight, I'm starting this. I was given the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart book for my birthday on Saturday so I'm going to give it a try. I know I can't survive on shakes and really strict diets, so this one has a meal plan for 30 days that had between 1400 and 1500 calories a day. It also has an exercise plan for every day too. I want to lose about 60lbs but I want to be able to keep it off, so hopefully this helps me curb my crappy eating habits!!

Sooo today the meal plan is:

Breakfast:
Ham, Egg Whites and Cheese on a whole wheat English Muffin
3/4 cup of blueberries
8 oz of milk

Snack 1:
Apple
Low fat Mozza cheese string

Lunch:
Turkey wrap on whole grain tortilla
6 baby carrots
6 Jicama stick (I don't even know what this is so I'm having celery)

Snack 2:
Hummus Deviled Eggs

Dinner:

Grilled Chicken
Asparagus
Tomatos with basalmic vingarette and basil

Sooo...wish me luck. Breakfast is done already and it was gooood.

Well yesterday went okay except from a few slipups but they were minor. I feel like crap but I think my body is just getting rid of all of the sugary food I've eaten the past few days because of celebrating two birthday's in two days. This healthier food is making me feel like I'm detoxing though!!

Today's plan is:

Breakfast: whole grain english muffin w/ peanut butter and unsweetned jam, an orange and 8oz of milk

Lunch: extra lean chicken burger on wholegrain flat bread with veggies, side of fruit

Dinner: Turkey chili, salad

Snacks: Smoothie, yogurt & almonds

Mmm doesn't sound too bad!

Yeah, the first few days will be rough whilst your body's getting rid of the sugar and craving more. I think if you can get past day 5 then you're good to go :thumbup:

Best of luck hun, and well done for wanting to change lifestyle and eating habbits so that it stays off - that's often the hardest part x

Alright today has been my best day so far!! I've given up on following the meal plans exactly but I'm stealing snacks from other days, breakfasts from other days, kind of mixing it up.

Breakfast today was turkey bacon and an orange

Lunch was a deli chicken sandwich on whole wheat with baby spinach leaves, avocado and mustard.

I'm eating a snack of carrots, hummus and a low fat cheese string

Dinner is going to be grilled steak and a salad!

Lets hope I don't binge during Grey's Anatomy tonight!!

Okay I ditched the BL diet and I'm just doing the exercises from there, and not eating after dinner. I'm just taking my meals on a smaller size plate, not cutting anything :)

I weighed myself sometime last week (maybe 8 or 9 days ago) and I'm down 5lbs today! Sooo this is the first time i've budged from my pre-pregnancy weight since I had Renah!! I'm motivated to keep it up now :)

part of my proiblem is the eating after dinner too. I bet I would be fine if I dropped that!

I think the approach you are taking is great, Maybe just have treat days too!

:hugs: good luck!

Here is how my nutrition teacher explained it to me in class: one lb. of fat =3500 calories
3500/7 days in a week = 500 calories per day
so either exercise off 500 calories per day or do it the easier way:
exercise of 250 calories, cut down on 250 calories from your meals, equaling 500
that way you lose a healthy 1 lb. per week
easy, less work, and actual results. (if you can be calorie aware, it takes some getting used to, at least for me)

The other thing is, you have to know what your caloric needs are based on weight, height, how active you are, and a few other factors. I don't have my nutrition book with me right now, but I'm sure there are web sites that can help calculate that. Find out what that is for you, and then try to lose the weight using the above method based on that.

Okay I ditched the BL diet and I'm just doing the exercises from there, and not eating after dinner. I'm just taking my meals on a smaller size plate, not cutting anything :)

I weighed myself sometime last week (maybe 8 or 9 days ago) and I'm down 5lbs today! Sooo this is the first time i've budged from my pre-pregnancy weight since I had Renah!! I'm motivated to keep it up now :)

Heya,

Just found your thread and thought i'd wish you good luck. I'm trying to lose quite a lot of weight as well and i've found that doing the exercise and having slightly smaller portions worked better than following the preset diets and things like you :D

Hows it going now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->