Getting stains out of nappies

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I have a few stains on my new ivory itti and Aisling decided to have her first really bad runny poo in her brand spanking new cow BB :wacko: so I'm guessing I might have a couple of stains to deal with there.

I bought the Vanish whitening powder which didn't get the stains out of ANYTHING and wondered what you guys use? If it's Vanish, which product? I'm not holding out hope of seeing the sun again any time soon!

I use the vanish stick thing, but I have never used it on nappies as I use a fleece liner in everything even if it doesn't need it, just so that no poo gets on it. The vanish stick thing is great on Freya's clothes though. :)

I have powder ( I tend to use that on my horsey things!) and the vanish bar, if I get something out the wash or it gets peed on and I note a stain I will rub the vanish bar on it and throw it back in the wash.

I use the vanish stick thing, but I have never used it on nappies as I use a fleece liner in everything even if it doesn't need it, just so that no poo gets on it.

I use the fleece liners too but it was no match at all for this poo! :sick:

Vanish bars are AMAZING and got out stains that I thought would never shift (after a few washes with the powder!)

Yeah I meant the vanish bar too. Lol must have been a good poo Lu! :rofl:

Yeah I meant the vanish bar too. Lol must have been a good poo Lu! :rofl:

I was torn between feeling really sorry for her because she's obviously not well (been projectile vomiting all day) and being absolutely gutted that she gets the long awaited cow BB on her for the very first time and does that to it! :blush::lol:

Aww poor Aisling, Freya has just got better from being like that. I bought loads of disana tie on nappies and now use them when she is ill as they get really manky, lol. They are only £2 each so I don't feel bad about them getting pooed on. I only use them at home though, only absorbent enough for one wee so no good when out, lol.

I tried ecover bleach and that was no match for Darwin's poos:nope:

Aye, vanish bar here too! Miracle worker! Also, sunshine :D

i think i'm gonna have to get me some vanish bars!!! LOL i use liners in nappies all the time but clothes are getting terrible stains!!!

i also say sunshine works wonders!! if its a really stubborn stain i rub a half a lemon on the stain then put them in the sun, that gets rid of anything!

Does the sun work regardless of whether the nappy is wet or dry? And presumably it works better if you lie them out flat rather than hang on the line? Don't know why I'm asking really, we're not due to get any sun again for days!

lol....i just usually put them out on the line after they have been washed to dry them and it tends to work...tho i havent had any out on the line for months!! i would just rub a little lemon on them and put them on a windowsill if it gets sunny :)

Ive but nappies on the windowledge even in the crappy weather and that seems to have worked pretty well but I havent left them there for well...days...before I remembered !
The only thing Ive had any stain issues with have been the Flip Organic inserts but they havent been major I think its just from where my OH managed to "forget" hed changed a dirty nappy and had put it in the general washing pile and it had sat there for four days before I found it (ick!)

USually a vanish bar works wonders apart from my flip organic liners too, I dunno why but they are very stained, I live in a coach house and have no garden either, think I will have to take them to mums in the summer and sun them

i have been tempted to take mine to the sun bed shop to whiten them up a little LOL i love how white my inserts go in the summer!! LOL

i have been tempted to take mine to the sun bed shop to whiten them up a little LOL i love how white my inserts go in the summer!! LOL

It'd make a change to the teenage girls who usually frequent them!

If i get a very pooey nappy i wash it off straight awayin nappisan, then was as normal with nappisan added to the drawer. Not tried vanish bars yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->