• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting To Know You Thread!

What's your name? - Katie
What's your OH's name? - Nathan
Favourite food - Stir frys yum yum
Favourite colour - forest green
Favourite hobby - I like reading and writing
Favourite movie/show - I love charmed, prison break, ncis all that shazing
Where do you live? - In wales, UK

Relationship:
Where did you and OH meet? - at his house as I was invited to a party by his friend
What's your anniversary? - 30th april 2011
Do you have any pet names for eachother? - we call each other a lot of names, stupid things like he calls me she hulk sometimes :dohh:
What do you love about your OH? - everything and his gingerness ;)
What irritates you about your OH? - he always thinks he's right, especially when he's not !
What's the age difference between you and OH? 23 months :)
Has your sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? - whilst pregnant it decreased as I before I would have happily had sex all day everyday but once or twice a day did it whilst pregnant and now it just annoys me unless im in the mood :wacko:

Your baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? - september 2011 sometime
How far along are you? - I gave birth at 38 weeks to my beautifull little madam
Was it planned or a surprise? - surprise as I kept having misscarriages and was told I would never carry past 15 weeks, miracle baby here :thumbup:
How did you tell OH? - he told me lmao, he kept telling me I was and then my tutor asked me at college if there was a chance as I was in the loo every two minutes throwing up, I went and took a test and then rang him and he just said ' I told you so'
Was he upset or supportive? - he was very supportive :)
Have you had any major food cravings or aversions during your pregnancy? - I couldn't keep anything down my sickness was so bad
What are you having? - I have a little madam
What are you naming her? she's called Alexandra May Leatherland
What is her nursery theme? - she has a winnie the pooh room :)

I forgot to put in what's your due date? mine was may 23rd but she wasborn may 10th

And lastly, I plan to try and breastfeed? I still breastfeed my girl and she's nearly one
xx

i know thats why i think it would be so cool to do play dates!!:) Omg that would be crazy!!:) i wonder how close they'll be together and whose gonna have theirs first !:) Yeah you can !!:)

This thread is amazing :)

About You:
What's your name? Victoria
What's your OH's name? Thomas
What's your favourite food? Sushi, but more recently cheeseburgers
What's your favourite colour? Pink I suppose
What's your favourite hobby? Well up until a year or so ago I was a national level competitive swimmer, so didn't have much time for anything but training and school.
What's your favourite movie and/or show? Favourite movie would have to be Moulin Rouge, and my favourite show at the moment is probably Grey's Anatomy.
Where do you live? Cape Town, South Africa

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? At a mutual friend's house.
What's your anniversary? Sometime in April (I should really know the actual date by now haha)
Do you have 'pet' names for each other? No
What do you love about your OH? He gets very enthusiastic about little things that I don't even notice anymore, makes me see things more positively.
What irritates you about your OH? A very long list, mostly lack of maturity.
What's the age difference between you and your OH? I'm 19, he is almost 22.
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? It nearly disappeared for the first bit, I just did not want anyone near me.

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? Towards the end of February 2013.
How far along are you? 17 weeks today.
Was it a surprise or planned? A big surprise
How did you tell your OH? Just sat him down and had a conversation.
Was he upset or supportive? At first he was very upset, now he is supportive.
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? I cannot even think the word curry without gagging.
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? I'm having a baby girl :)
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? I keep changing my mind, but at the moment I like the name Lyla.
What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) I haven't come up with a theme, I just know it will be very colourful.
Due Date: October 15th 2013.

:happydance:

About You:
What's your name? Lisa
What's your OH's name? Kenneth-I usually call him Ken
What's your favourite food? dont particularly have one
What's your favourite colour? Blue
What's your favourite hobby?Dont have one :wacko:
What's your favourite movie and/or show? American Dad, Futurama, Family Guy, PS I Love You, Dear John, and many more.
Where do you live? Lexington South Carolina USA

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? Physical Training for the Military when he was home on boot leave, and then I walked into work the next day, and there he was, so Subway.
What's your anniversary? Dating is October 25th, Wedding is MArch 19th
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? Just the usual ones! Lol
What do you love about your OH? Everything.
What irritates you about your OH? His OCD at times
What's the age difference between you and your OH? 2.5 years
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? Decreased as its been painful this time around but still decent.

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? With our first, June 19th [mmc]. With our Daughter-November 5th. This pregnancy-October 21.
How far along are you? 34 weeks today!
Was it a surprise or planned? SURPISE:haha:
How did you tell your OH? Uhmmm. I walked into the house, handed him a positive digi, and went and hid in our bedroom!
Was he upset or supportive? A bit of both.
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? No, nothing surprisingly.
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? We are having a boy!
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? His name will be Coltin Alexander
What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) Dinosaurs :D

About You:
What's your name? Kayla
What's your OH's name? Caden
What's your favourite food? Bacon Sandwich
What's your favourite colour? Red
What's your favourite hobby? Sewing/Textiles (should come in handy)
What's your favourite movie and/or show? Friends (easiest question in the world!!)
Where do you live? UK

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? Uncles Birthday Party around a year ago (Just to clarify were not related in any way)
What's your anniversary? 21st March for dating 5th of May 2013 for engagement
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? I call him a prick a lot but i wouldn't exactly call that a pet name! LOL
What do you love about your OH? he's funny and has a mental age beyond about 8
What irritates you about your OH? he's a LOT smarter than me
What's the age difference between you and your OH? 5 years (I think (see above))
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? probably decreased because we've both got so much going on

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? about 9 weeks along (can't remember the date)
How far along are you? 12 weeks 3 days
Was it a surprise or planned? Big Surprise but wouldn't have life any other way
How did you tell your OH? Just came out with it
Was he upset or supportive? Really supportive
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? Probably crisps with garlic mayo (even been taking it to college for lunch)
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? Don't Know yet but finding out but kind of hoping for a little girl (but will be happy either way:flower:)
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? I don't know yet but me and OH have decided if its a boy he gets the final say in the name (why I agreed to that I don't know) and if its a girl i get the final say.
What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) Even though were finding out the gender we want to go for a yellow unisex theme because neither of us have ever really loved the traditional blue/pink

What's your name? Chaz (Charlotte)
What's your OH's name?Danny
What's your favourite food?Well, it was Pizza- not so much now :C
What's your favourite colour?Puuuuurple
What's your favourite hobby?Hose riding and Body Piercing. All though had to stop both for nugget's sake :)
What's your favourite movie and/or show?Funnily enough- Juno :L
Where do you live?UK Manchesteeeeer

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? I'd seen him round college for ages and he gets on my bus. Never had the nerve to speak to him. Then one day I told my friend about him and turned out she knew him so she called him over (He was slightly merry after Pub-Thursday- other wise he was usually very shy) and we just hit it off from there really!
What's your anniversary? 26th September 2013
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? Does insulting each other count?
What do you love about your OH?He does all he can to keep me happy
What irritates you about your OH?Currently, bless him, EVERYTHING o_o
What's the age difference between you and your OH?5 months
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant?Decreased 1000000000%. Can't even stand his breathing in bed at the moment

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP?Sunday- March the 24th 2013. A day I'll never forget
How far along are you?Errrrm, Roughly 12 weeksish
Was it a surprise or planned?Ooooh my, definite little surprise this one. I was on the pill but y'know, pretty happy with how it's all turned out
How did you tell your OH?Outright. No beating around the bush
Was he upset or supportive?OMG the world ended.
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy?Well, since I've been pregnant my lactose intolerance has stopped so I'm eating dairy till it comes out my nose.
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? I have a VERY strong feeling it's a boy. I'm not really fussed however I find little girls soooo much easier to handle ^^
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? Yep we have: Adelaide Marie Connor and Oliver Simon-James Connor What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) Not really thought this far ahead!

About You:
What's your name? Emma
What's your OH's name? Myles
What's your favourite food? Any mexican food,and I'm a lasagna fan.
What's your favourite colour? Turquoise and Purple
What's your favourite hobby? taking photos, writing (journal,poetry, short stories, letters, etc..) and dancing
What's your favourite movie and/or show? new girl, glee (cringe :blush:) I like any comedy or horror too
Where do you live? Bellingham, Washington State

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? early July of last summer. He was my neighbor and I'd just moved into my new house. I stopped him on the side walk one day and introduced myself and asked him to hang out. We were inseparable every since.
What's your anniversary? July 22nd
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? I call him baby or "my love" and he whips out crazy ones all over the place haha
What do you love about your OH? I've always been so comfortable around him, he's a good listener and he's so incredibly understanding. Also, he's honest with me
What irritates you about your OH?Plenty! haha. He's stubborn as hell, he's terrible at answering his phone, and he's real hard to stay mad at
What's the age difference between you and your OH? A little less than 4 years. My bday is Dec 20 '96 and his is April 3 93'
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? Drive has increased, but we have sex less because he moved further away so I only stay with him 4 or 5 days a week and we usually skip one or two of those days

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? November 3rd
How far along are you? 32 weeks and like 3 days?
Was it a surprise or planned? a surprise
How did you tell your OH? I called him as I was leaving planned parenthood after getting the test and told him to meet me at my house immediately, that I needed to talk to him. He knew the second he walked into my room and saw my face
Was he upset or supportive?So incredibly supportive
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy?Hamburgers!! Milkshakes! for a while it was gummy candies, then it was ice cream... also pickles! Ceasar salad.. haha everything!!
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for?We wanted a boy, and we're having a boy :)
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? Myles Jr. (mylo or little myles)
What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) the "nursery" is pretty much my room in my house, but I have a color theme of turquoise, greens and blues

I'm planning on having a natural birth at a local birth center with my two midwives.
I'm planning on extended breast feeding ( probably until about 2 yrs old).
OH and I are working on getting our own place sometime in the next couple of years.

About You:
What's your name? Caitlyn (Caitie).
What's your OH's name? Mint.
What's your favourite food? Oh God, everything. But I guess if I had to choose... fettucine alfredo. Mmm.
What's your favourite colour? It's a tie between pink and Tiffany blue.
What's your favourite hobby? Currently it's getting things ready for LO's arrival. Moving in to a new place, decorating, buying stuff. It's become my latest obsession lol.
What's your favourite movie and/or show? Favorite movie is either Gran Torino (makes me cry every time, ugh) or The Lion King. Ooh, or Tangled. Favorite show? Umm. Anything like 4 Weddings, Say Yes to the Dress, Bridezillas, etc. And The Walking Dead.
Where do you live? Ohio, USA.

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? We met for the first time at the public pool in 2009, but we really didn't talk until October 2010-ish.
What's your anniversary? November 16th, 2010!
Do you have 'pet' names for each other? He calls me 'Kitty' or other basic names like sweetie. I call him pretty much everything. Bubble Butt being my favorite.
What do you love about your OH? He's really funny, and I can't really stay mad at him for too long. He's always super supportive and can be really sweet.
What irritates you about your OH? Like pretty much everyone else here lol, he thinks he knows everything. And when I try to correct him, oh no! No no, I'm the wrong one. It's infuriating. Oh, and if he's doing something that's annoying me, he just laughs because it's "cute". Oh God. No. Stop it.
What's the age difference between you and your OH? I'm 18, and he's 20 turning 21 in October. So about 2 1/2 years.
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? Increased.

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? Mid-February. I actually think it was the 12th.
How far along are you? 16 weeks, 4 days.
Was it a surprise or planned? A surprise, for sure. But a happy one.
How did you tell your OH? Lol, not in the best way, to be honest. I'd told him I thought I was pregnant and made him go buy the pregnancy test for me. I took it in the bathroom while he waited in his room, and I just walked into the room crying and freaking out. He figured it out on his own. ;)
Was he upset or supportive? Very supportive, and 100x more positive than I was at first.
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? Double cheeseburgers with extra ketchup from McDonalds, and salads with Ranch dressing. Can't get enough.
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? Don't know, but I think it's a boy (and I'm hoping for a boy).
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? We have a lot of names picked out lol. We're waiting until we see LO for the first time before deciding on anything. But we have: Silas, Atticus, Carter, and Felix for boys; Eden, Lilia, and Brielle for girls.
What's your nursery theme? This for a boy, and we haven't really looked at girls stuff yet. But probably something cute and girly, preferably without any characters on it. c:

About You:
What's your name? Kaleigh
What's your OH's name? Mark
What's your favourite food? Just about everyone will tell you anything edible!
What's your favourite colour? Pink (though I won't wear it)
What's your favourite hobby? Anything outdoors
What's your favourite movie and/or show? The Notebook/The Walking Dead
Where do you live? Upstate NY, USA

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? Funny story- my friend convinced him to pick me up and bring me to a party (we'd never met) and he wouldn't speak to me in the car, or atthe party, though I kept catching his stare. I saw him on Facebook the next day, he ended up messaging me and asking me to go cliff jumping the following day with him and his friends, the rest is history.
What's your anniversary? August 9, 2011
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? He calls me darlin', and I call him babe for the most part.
What do you love about your OH? His undeniable patience and love for our child and I. He works so hard for us.
What irritates you about your OH? His stubbornness
What's the age difference between you and your OH? 3 years
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? Decreased :(

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? 6w 1d, about 4 weeks ago!
How far along are you? 9w 7d
Was it a surprise or planned? Planned
How did you tell your OH? I made him a card saying "Hi Daddy, I can't wait to meet you. December 6, 2013. Along with the test.
Was he upset or supportive? He was ecsatic
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? Taco bell, soft serve icecream, and cheese fries! (From one specific restaurant a half an hour away)
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? We don't know yet, but we'll be happy with either sex, we just want a healthy baby! Though I think it's a boy.
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? Brantley Michael or HaliAnn Marie or Maci Lee
What's your nursery theme? Safari for a girl and sports for a boy!

Love reading these, and getting to know a little more about everyone :)

Funny how a lot of the answers to 'what irritates you about your OH' is everything ! Lmao.. True though, but you gotta love em ;)

About You:
What's your name? Bree
What's your OH's name? Cameron
What's your favourite food? watermelon
What's your favourite colour? green
What's your favourite hobby? Honestly have no time for hobbies when I am cooking, cleaning and chasing around a 2 year old haha
What's your favourite movie and/or show? Hook.
Where do you live? Australia

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? We were friends in highschool, then one day we both happened to be out dancing and we both happened to be single and TADA! lol
What's your anniversary? 23~03~2009
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? a lot of the time mummy or daddy haha.
What do you love about your OH? his voice, he has an amazing voice (when he sings it gets me super in the mood ;P haha) I love how fantastic he is with his son and how he works so damn hard every day to make sure we are provided for and happy
What irritates you about your OH? not answering his damn phone haha and how grumpy he can get when he is tired
What's the age difference between you and your OH? 3 months
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? I'd definitely say decreased but at the same time he is working ALOT more now too. So it's not just from being pregnant.

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? January 9th.
How far along are you? 22 weeks :)
Was it a surprise or planned? definitely a surprise.
How did you tell your OH? I was so nervous, so all I could get out was "um...Cameron" then should him the tests
Was he upset or supportive? very happy and incredibly supportive
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? many many many. Practically went off all food for 17 weeks and craved whoppers and fruit
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for?we are having another boy!
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet?no but OH loves the name Tyler James
What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) probably Winnie the pooh

About You:
What's your name? Keri
What's your OH's name? Tom
What's your favourite food? chicken :D
What's your favourite colour? purple
What's your favourite hobby? Reading I guess.. And walking my dog :)
What's your favourite movie and/or show? Pirates of the Carribean, Iron Man... Followed by anything else Johnny Depp.. And Robert Downey Jr. Big Bang Theory!
Where do you live? Manchester, UK

Your Relationship:
Where and when did your OH meet? I was working in a dog groomers and my boss was off work for the day because his dog was giving birth to her puppies. Tom lived next door and had recently lost his job soo my boss asked whether he could come in and help me out for the day. We became friends ( I was with someone else at the time in an unhappy relationship.. Left him days later) and within weeks we ended up together.
What's your anniversary? 18th Febuary
Do you have 'pet' names for eachother? The usual babe, or baby. I call him Tomnom a lot LOL

What do you love about your OH? Hes gorgeous, funny, caring and just being around him brightens my day up
What irritates you about your OH? He enjoys winding me up sometimes by being generally annoying, but even then he pushes it until I snap at him yet we still end up laughing
What's the age difference between you and your OH? Hes 7 months younger
Has you and OH's sex life increased or decreased since you got pregnant? It decreased when I was super stressed over telling family about being pregnant. Back to normal now that family all know!

Your Baby:
Around when did you get your BFP? not sure
How far along are you? 18 weeks+4
Was it a surprise or planned? Huge surprise
How did you tell your OH? We both suspected it so we bought tests but then when we got home we were distracted by stuff (mostly putting shopping away). I went upstairs and did it though and then just went into the bedroom in shock. He eventually came to find me and was like, "whats up with you?".. I snapped "what do you think??" ... Great way of telling him, not! lol
Was he upset or supportive?We were both upset just because its not great time-wise, but he pulled me into his arms, kissed my forehead and held me and told me that everything will be ok <3
Have you had any major cravings or food aversions in your pregnancy? Ive mostly just gone off cups of tea.
What are you having? Or if you don't know what do you wish for? Don't know yet- find out in 11 days! Im not sure what I want
If you know what are you naming him/her? If you don't know, have you picked out names yet? Not sure yet!
What's your nursery theme? (If your having one) Not sure yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->