Getting up after bd'ing

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
To help improve chances of concieving I dont get up out of bed for around 30mins and basically try to lay still... this means I have to ask the DH to pass me things like nightwear, tissue etc.... :blush:

Now he thinks I am being a real drama queen and that there is no good reason why I couldnt just roll onto my side & reach for these things myself...

Is there? Am i being a bit melodramatic?

people have told me to do that, but to be honest i dont.

Look at people who have one night stands and get preg,im sure they didnt sit with there legs up after. It may very well increase changes but i personally dont do it
xx :)

Yes that is true Hays..infact the DH was saying something similar...
How long have u been TTC Hays?

I have to admit that although I have tried laying in bed after BDing I don't usually last long before getting bored. :blush:

on our 3rd month, i started off being all paranoid etc.. but now i just try and do it all naturally, no pee sticks nothing.

I do stress out still in the 2ww.

Have you been trying long?x

In our 3rd month too... but I am too much of paranoid freak to do it naturally! lol. SO i have been OPK's for the 3 months...
I know what u mean about the 2ww....!!

I lay still for like 5 mins...then get bored! LOL!!! You only really need to do that is OH's sperm isn't the greatest.

but how would u know if the OH's sperm isnt the greatest?

(And how can I add icons to my replys??)

when u post a reply, click on advanced, then you will see the icons
xx

but how would u know if the OH's sperm isnt the greatest?

(And how can I add icons to my replys??)

That would have to be confirmed by the doctor. The lay still after is advised more for people with fertility issues. I read somewhere that if there is leakage after you get up that it means the OH has more than enough sperm.

really>?oh cool that kinda makes me feel better,me and dh were talkin the other night, saying what if he doesnt produce enough,and maybe we should get it checked just incase.

Most doctors wont check it until you have been ttc for over a year with no success.

I've read that if you do lay there, you only need to do it for 10 mins. since that's about how long it takes for the sperm to travel into the cervix. I've fallen asleep more than once though without going to the bathroom got UTI's from it.

Yeah, that! Thanks! I guess it's caused from the semen or bacteria that gathers around the urethra if left there all night? NOT FUN, so it's a 10-minute limit for me, especially if we've been having sex for several days in a row.

I stayed in bed and had a big O afterwards. I remember seeing a special on reproduction years ago, and it showed how during an orgasam the cervex dipped down into the vagina which helps sperm get where it needs to go. Not sure if it made a difference or not, but I got pregnant the first month we tried. I had also been off birth control for 2 1/2 years without getting pregnant.

i lie on my back and hold my legs in (like fetal position but on back) for around 20 mins each time, it's quite the drama, don't want to get up or move or anything :rofl:

I have to get up and pee after only laying on my back for 10 mins sometimes I can wait a full 40 min's before I go to the bathroom but I get UTI's easly.

I stayed in bed and had a big O afterwards. I remember seeing a special on reproduction years ago, and it showed how during an orgasam the cervex dipped down into the vagina which helps sperm get where it needs to go. Not sure if it made a difference or not, but I got pregnant the first month we tried. I had also been off birth control for 2 1/2 years without getting pregnant.

I usually orgasm before DH does thinking about it....... Maybe I should try and hold off till afterwards! Or try again after.....

Good tip Samantha!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->