GFCF diet going well! :o)

Twinminator

Twingirls2yrs+babygirl
Reaction score
I searched for other threads about this but there wasn't one so am starting one :thumbup:

Lauren had been regressing after a string of mild illnesses that hit her harder than the rest of the family, plus also not having the input from the hospital nursery through the summer hols, then we had two scares in one day whereby she managed to climb halfway out of a high window (sheer determination, no way would you think a child could do it) and then also actually did escape, by piling toys up at the garden gate - thank goodness the search was quick and she wasn't too far away. :wacko: But I just thought "enough is enough", I have felt so powerless since her diagnosis and I just wanted to feel like I was doing/trying SOMEthing. So I'd read about the GAPS diet, which is great if it works, as it's a temporary diet change rather than lifelong, but I felt she was too young for that. So I've done gluten free/casein free, as I can luckily adapt what she already likes fairly easily.

In even just a week, her poops are firmer (was sooo messy), she is calmer, okay she's still clearly autistic!!, but she just seems more happy in herself, and the real breakthrough is that her twin sister can giggle with her now, three mornings running I've woke not to the sound of whining or protesting from their room, but giggling :happydance:

Coincidence it may be, but I'll take it thank you!! :flower:

Hi Twinminator

Just wondering how the GFCF diet is going? Or if anyone else has had success with this? Thanks!

Don't know if this will help-- my husband has autism but he'd never tried gfcf. He has just recently started gf and he feels a lot better physically. I'm not sure how it affects his autistic traits, but as he has more trouble when he's stressed or unwell, it could help that as well. But just from a physical standpoint, he used to have major stomach problems and it seems like gf has really helped that.

Aspie here, and GF helps me TONS when I do it. Both intestinally (overshare?) and with autism traits. Biggest thing it helps with is sensory sensitivity. I don't know *why*, but I do know if I take the gluten out of my diet, I am not as sound and light sensitive, by a long shot. Enough so my husband can tell the days I've eaten gluten and not. I just feel a lot better GF. If only it wasn't so darn expensive... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->