• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Girls at 13 given contraception?!

Its wrong, I dont like that parents can be left in the dark x

I agree, It isn't fair when parents want to protect them and have their best interest at heart yet wont be told if their kid gets a pill? Say the parent finds it in their room it would make them feel rubbish because the kid felt they couldn't talk to them x

I agree, It isn't fair when parents want to protect them and have their best interest at heart yet wont be told if their kid gets a pill? Say the parent finds it in their room it would make them feel rubbish because the kid felt they couldn't talk to them x

i can honsetly say, 100%, as the parent of an 11 year old girl i would much rather 'feel rubbish' that she couldnt talk to me after finding the pill in her room, than the feelings that would hit everyone if we found out she were pregnant

not sure how you have managed to turn something which is to protect our teens into something that reflects on parents feelings

sorry, who cares if you feel rubbish as a parent when its the difference between unwanted pregnancy or not

like i said already, we have to be realistic

i can honsetly say, 100%, as the parent of an 11 year old girl i would much rather 'feel rubbish' that she couldnt talk to me after finding the pill in her room, than the feelings that would hit everyone if we found out she were pregnant

not sure how you have managed to turn something which is to protect our teens into something that reflects on parents feelings

sorry, who cares if you feel rubbish as a parent when its the difference between unwanted pregnancy or not

:dohh: Thats not the only thing i have turned it into. So you discredit everything i say can you honestly say that you think teenage girls who are 13 will use the pill correctly everytime and will actually use condoms as well when they are given the pill?

:dohh: Thats not the only thing i have turned it into. So you discredit everything i say can you honestly say that you think teenage girls who are 13 will use the pill correctly everytime and will actually use condoms as well when they are given the pill?

i havent discredited anything you have said :shrug:

my personal opinion as the parent of an 11 year old, i clearly stated, my opinion, not intended to 'discredit' you, just how i feel

and no, i dont think in a million years 13 year olds will use the pill correctly every time and use condoms as well, but something is better than nothing

i would rather mine took the pill, and there is a chance of using condoms, rather than not taking the pill, still only a chance of using condoms.

i havent discredited anything you have said :shrug:

my personal opinion as the parent of an 11 year old, i clearly stated, my opinion, not intended to 'discredit' you, just how i feel

and no, i dont think in a million years 13 year olds will use the pill correctly every time and use condoms as well, but something is better than nothing

i would rather mine took the pill, and there is a chance of using condoms, rather than not taking the pill, still only a chance of using condoms.

Sorry thought you were the one calling me judgemental which every human is so im not even going to disagree with that comment but if someone calls someone judgemental is hypocrisy imo. And thank you for understanding the concern of the not using it correctly. I just think instea dof using all this money to give them implants and pills etc it should be used to provide better education about it and give condoms as this protects them from everything. I would be more horrified if my child came up to me and said "i have hiv" than if she came up to me and said "im pregnant"
The only decent sex education i ever recieved was at a voluntary agency which now has no money to keep running .. if these voluntary agencies got govt funding and went into schools i think it would honestly help because they get people to do talks etc. One of my friends never used condoms with the pill then a girl came in who was hiv positive and said how if she had used condoms she wouldn't have gotten it and now she cant change it. It was a heartbreaking story and it did the trick because now she uses condoms all the time.

Okay let me put it this way, were you ready to have sex at 13?
tbh it's clear i've hit a few nerves here and i do agree them having sex and being protected is better than having unwanted pregnancies BUT if 13 year olds are given the pill they wont use condoms :dohh: even if the doc stresses it i dont see a 13 year old girl respnding to "can we not use a condom, your on the pill" with a "no get it on" because they will feel vulnerable and want to please who they are having sex with.
And to be perfectly honest WHAT PART OF some wont wear condoms (obvious) and at 13 they WONT ALWAYS REMEMBER to
1. take the pill
2. what makes it stop working
SO IT COULD LEAD TO PREGNANCY ANYWAY! :dohh:

I have listened to your views but clearly you dont see my point of view. Some might think it's harsh but you shouldn't even be having sex at 13 let alone being given the responsibility to take a pill... pills should only be given for periods at that age because if they get the pill they might not use condoms...condoms yes if they are going to have sex give them them but pills and implants where the boy doesnt need to use condoms to avoid pregnancy is just asking for STD's to rise even more than what they are.

Surely im not the only one that can make that connection.

NOW i really cant be fucked to be here defending my opinion because apparently i'm "judgemental" but heres soemthing you may not know

EVERYONE IS JUDGEMENTAL SO DON'T PREACH TO ME ABOUT HOW JUDGEMENTAL I AM ... i dont judge teen mums but i do judge abortion unless its for health reasons, i try to not judge stereotypes but i will grab hold of my purse if a "chav" walks past (which i think a lot of people here do as well) ... so yes i am judgemental to think 13 year old should only be given condoms if they are going to have sex ... my bad.

actually yes, i lost my virginty to my ex at 13. We were together for 5 years before splitting up, and now Im with OH. We used condoms and i got the pill after the first time as i wanted to be extra careful. Im very grateful i could do so. Judge me if you want for having sex so young I honestly dont care, I have had 2 long term partners whom are the only men ive had sex with.

Many adult women forget to take their pills etc so saying they will do so as they are young just isnt true.
Again you are only focusing on pills for some reason, as i said there are other form of contraception available to women

I also don't agree on the Pill for hormonal reasons either- but that is just me- I never used any kind of hormonal contraception, there are enough hormones in our food already, and in the water, don't need to add any more.
That said, there needs to be an availability of any kind of contraception and yes it is best if the parents discuss it first with their children, but if for one reason or another they don't have a good relationship or anything then contraceptives should be easily available. Obviously there are some, that cost a bit more so they need to consult their parents first anyway.
Yes Condoms are important but not fail safe either especially if they don't use them right. (too small /too big/wrong handling )

Yeah I would rather find she's taken the pill rather than got pregnant. But I think parents should be told when kids - kids is what they are have the pill x

Id hope my daughter would feel comfortable enough to come and speak to me about it if she was planning on having sex at 13, obviously i wouldny be happy or condone her having sex at 13 but you cant be with teenagers every second of the day they will do what they want as we know being a teen. So id prefer her to come to me and id make her aware of the risks and what she should do when she chooses to have sex and i hope we will be close enough to discuss any conerns or worries she has. Id hate for my daughter to be told to go on the pill not properly aware of the risks shes exposing herself to and not use condoms miss her pill and feel alone if the boy dumps her once he got what he wanted, i do feel parents should make teach there children sex education on a level they both feel comfortable comig to them if they are worried, concerned or curious i think a lot of teens are more scared of there parents reactions to speak to them if they are wanting to have sex or have done, i would be suppprtive as you cant stop them

I lost my V at 15 actually 2 weeks before my 16th i cant really say if i was ready or not it didnt affect me emotionally i dont think i wasnt ready id thought about sex since i was abiut 12/13 i think i didnt have my first bf till a few months after my 15th so i had a while to learn and read about things i would say i was ready at 15/16. But definitely not at 13 i was very nieve at 13 i used to talk in chat rooms and i remember playing out sex roleplay with a MAN who said he was 27 and lived 25 mins from me i never met him although he asked and i did want to have sex but i knew i wasnt ready if i did meet him he would of pursuaded me so based on my experience id say 13 is very young to know if your ready..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->