Girls name are so difficult!

jessthemess

Reaction score
I just want a sweet, pretty name to dream about! haha Names are the most fun part about TTCing and planning to have a baby. But I never find a girl name to dream on long! :cry:

The hardest part is I don't want a super popular name but not so rare that no one has heard of it!

I like,

Ava (too popular, best friend's sister's daughter is that name and our families are too close for me to be cool with it.)
Lucy (Other best friend has claimed this one lol)
Joanna (Husband says no!)
Lauren
Lake
Isla
Freya (Family hates this one, and that does matter to me some.)
Olive or Olivia (Can't use this one because I have a baby cousin named Oliver, and that family connection does matter to me.)
Georgia (LOVE it, but I named my kitty this lol)
Maggie (Love it as well, had a puppy named this lol)

Help, suggestions!

:) Give me something to dream about!

Tell me about it. This is my 5th daughter, and I am REALLY running out of names!

I feel like I am on the right track to coming up with one I can stick with, but I have to admit I am glad this is my last baby, because after this I am sincerely out of girl names!

Peggy
Hannah
Lucia
Louisa
Elsa
Elsie
River
Freda
Audrey
Regina
Ivy
Ella

Josie
Lilia
Lylah
Jasmine
Sadie
Naomi

I have a head cold or I'd try and think of some more :lol:

Ah yeah! There is some good ones there!

I liked,

Sadie
Naomi
Louisa
I don't like Ella but I like Ellie, so maybe a name that would be shortened to Ellie?

I have a theory that boys names are harder because I'm a girl lol so I know I wouldn't name myself names I don't like and it gets harder haha

Penelope (can be shortened to Ellie)
Eleanor (Ellie)
Laurel
Molly

I only have two names for a girl, they are Candy and Mini. I totally agree girls names are so much harder to choose than boys names. I have loads of lovely names for a son, just can't seem to find any for a girl! Xx

Alannah
Leena
Annelise
Iliana
Theresa
Margot (Mar-go)
Regina
Ophelia
Odette
Claudia/Claudine
Anette/Antoniette

My two girl names for this baby if it's a girl is either Emery or Fallyn. I also like Reece, Aubrey, paisley, ayla, Dylan, Gianna

My two girl names for this baby if it's a girl is either Emery or Fallyn. I also like Reece, Aubrey, paisley, ayla, Dylan, Gianna

My niece's name is Paisley! She usually gets called Paise but some I us call her Pea or Paley (like Hailey) haha

I love Isla too!

My fav's:

Isla
Summer
Ava
Daisy
Lila
Madelyn
Sienna
Eloise

Some ideas:

Liliana
Ava
Sofia
Lily
Ivy
Elodie
Ryleigh
Evie
Madeleine
Ebony
Sienna
Eden
Grace
Darcy
Lilah

I agree, girls names are way harder! We have 2 boys names we liked and we never settled on a girl name.

Names we are considering:

Isla (but its becoming popular...)
Mackenzie (popularity issues again)
Emma (too popular...sigh!)
Morgan
Amy
Jane (doesn't really go with our middle names though)

So hard to decide! We don't want something too trendy, and we don't want a name where there are 3 other people in the class with the same name.

I agree, girls names are way harder! We have 2 boys names we liked and we never settled on a girl name.

Names we are considering:

Isla (but its becoming popular...)
Mackenzie (popularity issues again)
Emma (too popular...sigh!)
Morgan
Amy
Jane (doesn't really go with our middle names though)

So hard to decide! We don't want something too trendy, and we don't want a name where there are 3 other people in the class with the same name.

These are like all the names I love too! Only we say Amelia instead of Amy.

Agreed! I love Morgan and Jane too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->