Girl's name with a nickname

MnMommy

Reaction score
I'm getting really frustrated that we can't come up with a name for our baby! Please help. We have two names (in no order) on the short list:

Adeline Paige (nn: Addy)
Izabella Paige (nn: Izzy).

I prefer Izabella, but DH prefers Adeline. Neither of us are in love with either. Our third place name is

Adrianna Rose (nn: Ade).

I prefer names that are preferably 3 syllables, but possibly 2, and have a natural nickname. I also prefer names that are not unique per se, but not necessarily a top 5 name. I also like Paige, Rae and possibly Rose for a middle name. For various reasons (generally other family members with the same name), we have vetoed Samantha, Madison, Addison, Alexis/Alexia/Alexandra, names that start with K or C (they don't go with our last name), and any name that has the natural nickname of Ally or Anne/Annie. Thoughts? Please help! I would really like to find a name I love...

Lillian (Lilly)
Juliet (Julie)
Madeleine (Maddie)
Amelie (Millie)
Elodie (Ellie)
Rosalie (Rosie)

You have TONS of options, sweetie!! Most 3-syllable names have a given nickname as it is, and some more than one nickname can be used!

Adeline Paige - Addy, Lynn
Izabella Paige - Izzy, Bella
Adrianna Rose - Adri (ay-dree), Rian (ree-ann), (Ann/Anna)

Bethany - Beth, (Anne)
Elizabeth - Liz, Beth, Eliza
Rebecca - Becca
Nicole - Nikki
Christina - Chris, Tina
Delilah - Lyla
Angelica - Angel, Angie (might also get Annie)
Gracelynn - Grace, Lynn
Genevieve - Jen/Gen, Vee/V

I will keep thinking and edit this post when I think of more :)

The Adrianna could be Annie aswell, I think thats so sweet and would give a cute NN plus an elegant grown up name:)

Bethany "Beth"
Eleanor "Ella" "Ellie"
Rebecca "Becky"
Sabrina "Bree"

Just some names I can think of with NNs

Sophie (Soph)
Emma/Emily (Em)
Amanda (Mandy)
Rosalie (Rose)
Pheobe (Pheebs)
Willow (Will)
Alyson/Alison etc (Ali)
Annabell (Anna, Belle)
Jessica (Jessie, Jess)

I love Addy! I was thinking of names that could be shortened to Addy when Iwas pregnant but I had a boy in the end. I was thinking like you Adeline or Adelaide but I live in Adelaide SA so Adelaide from Adelaide would have been a little stupid!

I also love Elizabeth shortened to Eliza but oh said no as he has a feral cousin named Elizabeth. There's also Charlotte nn: Lottie (Lottie could take away from the C name?)

Good Luck!

Thank you! There are several listed here that we have been talking about to. I appreciate the recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->