girl's names...opinions

Scout

Reaction score
I had a girl's name picked out but now I'm not liking it so much, so I have a short list and was wondering what anyone thought. I'm in the US if that makes any difference.

Eva
Leah
Harper
Eden

thx :)

I like Harper and also Leah. Our DD2 will be Rosalia nn Lia (pronounced like Leah) so I'm partial to Leah :).

Harper - Fave!!!
Leah - nice name, but I wouldn't use it because of overwhelming popularity
Eva - Beautiful name, just seems too short for my taste
Eden - I hear this mostly from people in the UK, have only heard it once in USA

Thanks ladies...I'm still so undecided!!! It's been driving me nuts.

Is Leah popular in the US? I looked on the social security list of 100 top names for 2012 and it's on the list but fairly far down. I definitely don't want something that's really popular tho bc I don't want my child in a classroom with 5 other girls with the same name. I have a bit of worry about the name Harper too for the same reason. I think it might be becoming increasingly popular here, but don't hear it much yet. I just don't know. I was hoping a name would just pop into my head and I'd love it, but this is harder than I thought.

Her last name will be Sheffield if that makes a difference. Not sure on middle name yet.

thx again for the opinions.

I like Eden and Leah I don't think Leah is a popular name and I'm in uk and a teacher and there are no Leah's in my school x

Thanks....I've narrowed it down to Eva or Eden. Just have to use the names outloud for a while and see how they feel. :)

you have to be careful with Eden, alone its a beautiful name that will last well from child to old lady but pair with the wrong middle name it can be quite stripper sounding (i know a few misfortune children that are called Eden with a unwisely selected middle names)

i like Eva or Leah but personally not keen on Harper

Eden, I wanted this if my lo was a girl, but we had a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->