Girls taking BCP, question...

Pinkgirl

Reaction score
Hey not really sure where to put this but thought because a lot of us might be on BCP's you might be able to help.

My question is, how long from when you take you las pill of the packet till you get your period?
Just i normally wait 2/3 days but i took last pill 4/5 days ago, just wondered how long you wait.
x

dont quite understand the question hun, might just me being thick.

OK re-read and have totally worded that strange.
After you have taken your packet of pills, how long should you wait for period to start.
(i dont mean when you come off pill just normal packet)
x

So, from what I've understood, you haven't had your period?
Usually it goes you take the 21 active pills and a week of inactive pills and somewhere in that last week you should get your period. Usually 3-4 days into it, give or take, of course since everyone is different.

Have you been on bc for a while or are you just starting it?

Sometimes when you first start the pill it will cause you to miss a period.

I generally get my period late the 3rd day of inactive pills or early the 4th day.

thanks hun, i normally am the same as you 3rd day ish but this ones just taking longer! just wondered if it was normal as its something i have never really thought about.
Been on them a few years hun, guess i was just unsure x

you on the combined pill or the mini pill?

Not sure about the mini pill, wasent on it long enough but the combined pill you should have started it before you start the next pack or with in a day or 2 of starting it.

OMG i didnt even spell the title of the thread right!!!!!
my mind is all over the place lol
Erm what difference between pills? lol - i am seriously stupid. I normally take 3 weeks of pills off for one week then back to 3 weeks of pills.
sorry ladies i am so confusing i know x

Your on the combined pill then, it has 2 diff tipes of hormones in it and you have 3 weeks on and one week break.
The mini pill or pogesterone only pill just has the one hormone in and you take this constantly with no break.

Your on the combined pill then, it has 2 diff tipes of hormones in it and you have 3 weeks on and one week break.
The mini pill or pogesterone only pill just has the one hormone in and you take this constantly with no break.

Thanks hun your a gem x

No probs hun. When did u take your last pill?

I usually get mine about 3/4 days into the inactive week. I've currently had mine for 12 days now...

Has yours started yet?

The BC that I'm on had 24 active pills and four inactive.. so mine might be a little different. Typically on the second inactive day is when I get my period.

Sorry but i dont know what you US girls meen by inactive pills? Must work differantly in the UK, dont think we take any inactive pills we just miss a week. Some one correct me if im wrong.

I was on cerazette with is a POP (Progestorone only Pill) and I stoped mine and got my period a day later!
Everyone is different and it does also depend on what kind of pill you are on and when you stop it. Best thing to do is ask your Nurse or GP they will know more about each different type. :) x

Sorry but i dont know what you US girls meen by inactive pills? Must work differantly in the UK, dont think we take any inactive pills we just miss a week. Some one correct me if im wrong.

They're sugar pills. Designed to keep you taking the pill at the same time every day that way you don't forget to start up after the week off of hormones. They're also called "reminder pills".

Hi Pink hon,

I usually start 3-4 days after the last pill. It has sometimes been a little longer. If you don't get AF before you're meant to start the next pack you should take a pg test or check with doctor before taking next pack.

what pill are you on?
xxx

Usually 2-3 days after finishing the packet but last time I ran two packs back to back it took 5 days for AF to arrive, and I panicked!

Thanks girlies
Definatley not pregnant was just wondering, think AF will be arriving tonight can feel it. This time i have had to wait more than 4 days for AF!!!! lol
Thank you girls for your advise though
x

They're sugar pills. Designed to keep you taking the pill at the same time every day that way you don't forget to start up after the week off of hormones. They're also called "reminder pills".

Thanks hun, dont do it like that over heer

I'm pretty much the same as the other girls on BCPs.. 3-4 days into the inactive pills.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->