Give Me Your Soup Recipes :)

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
What are your fav homemade soups and recipes?

Mine is spicy carrot and lentil soup but I've got a little bored of it.

Ingredients
-
600G carrots washed and coarsely grated
1 litre vegetable stock
3-4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli flakes
150g split red lentils
125ml milk (I used coconut milk, not the tin kind)
0% natural greek yogurt/plain yogurt

Method
-
Dry fry the cumin & chilli flakes until they are jumping round the pan to release flavour
Put 1/3 of the spices aside
Add all ingredients to the pan apart from the yogurt
Bring to the boil
Simmer for 15 minutes until the lentil are cooked
Blend/blitz soup or you could serve chunky
Serve
Sprinkle some of the toasted spices over your served soup with a dollop of 0% yogurt
-
Serve with a warmed naan bread.

Find a pic on my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHCfryejhdi/?taken-by=wobblesuk

Also a nice clean Mexican soup recipe:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFtRsT1NeN4/?taken-by=wobblesuk

Oh they look nice particularly the honeyed carrot soup. Might try that one!

Mine are my in laws chicken soup and pea soup with gammon . Oh my they are to die for !

I don’t have the receipes , which I should ask them for.

Tomato Soup With Parmesan and Croutons

Ingredients:
2 chopped onions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt. 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with juices, 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 cup croutons, 2 ounces shaved Parmesan.

Step 1
Cook the onions in the oil with ½ teaspoon salt in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.

Step 2
Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and oregano. Simmer until beginning to thicken, 10 to 15 minutes.

Step 3
Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Top with the croutons and Parmesan before serving.

I use a can of tomatoes, a jar of roast peppers and some stock/seasoning/herbs, and cook it for 5 mins, then whizz it up. It's a great soup when you want some in a hurry.

I also like pea and mint. I don't really measure anything, just throw it in. Frozen peas, stock/seasoning, fresh mint or mint sauce from a jar. Just cook and whizz

One of my favs is a Thai soup. Butternut squash, curry powder, stock, coconut milk, lime juice and fresh coriander. Chop the squash and fry it off. Add the curry powder and fry for a couple of mins. Add stock and coconut milk and cook till the squash is soft. Then whizz it up and add lime juice and coriander to taste.

I like a Mexican soup too. Fry off some onions with some spices (cumin, paprika, chilli powder). Add stock and a tin of tomatoes. Cook for a bit. Throw in a tin of beans (mixed, kidney), cook for a bit more, then whizz it up. Smoked paprika gives it a nice smokey flavour.

We eat lots of soup in winter

This thread has been revived so you know winter is on its way !

Looking forward to all the winter soups and stews

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->