Give me...

SwissMiss

Reaction score
...your constipation cures - PUH-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: :blush: :shy:

I'm sorry about the tmi thread, but if I have to go another X days without properly going, I swear I'll go mad! :dohh: I am SO uncomfortable!!!!!!!! I've been today, the first time properly in AGES, and I feel about 20lbs lighter - but not empty! :dohh:

Anyone got any miracle pregnancy-safe cures?! I was never this bunged up with my other two... :p

xx

Eating a few dried prunes worked really well for me. They can take about 24 hours to work through your system, but they are natural and healthy. I'd try eating 2-3, and if that doesn't work within 24 hours, eat 4-5 the next day. Don't eat too many, and don't eat them if you're already "cleaned out" or the results may be a bit dramatic, if you know what I mean.

I'm struggling too. I found prunes quite helpful but they give me bad wind which is no good stuck at work! But everyone is different.might work for you. I've also found 2 bananas a day is helping.

:hugs: I feel grotesque too, so backed up my tummy is firm :(

Prunes eat like 5 a day. Raisin brand cereal has a good amount of fiber along with eating other high fiber foods will work great. Working out gets your digestive track moving and helps create more regular bowl movements. Now for my latest and most favorite, miralax. I took that 3 days ago and I have gone every day. It's not a super urgent feeling and doesn't give me diarrhea or anything. Just talk to your dr about it, if not miralax some drs recommend Metamucil. I like miralax better, it feels more natural.

Thanks ladies! :flower:
God it's awful eh?! :p

Off I go to the supermarket for some prunes then! At this point, I do NOT care if my coworkers have to suffer - I'll open the window!! :blush: :rofl:
xxx

My midwife cleared Colace, but you should check with yours. It's not habit-forming or addictive, you can take it everyday if you need to.

Here's one that's very gross, but you can gently poke along the back of your vagina to feel the feces and stimulate movement. Doctors will do that sometime. Be sure and make sure your fingers are clean before you try.

What gets me moving fast... lentils, any type of beans actually... eating lots of fruits too.. I think its the water soluble fiber is what you're looking for, the bulk stuff will just clog you up more.. from what I've heard. So fruits, vegetables should help :) Or if your doc allows it a stool softener or something?

I've had such a hard time with this, I actually had to 'announce' a few weeks earlier than I wanted because my belly was so swollen - from constipation, not baby! Gross. Longest I went was 8 days with no movement, it was awful. I found just in this past week that apples have helped me a lot, it must have to do with AC1987's advice about water soluble fiber. I bought a 10 pound bag from the orchard, so I've been eating them like crazy, probably 3 a day. That helped move things along for me. Also, I know it's obvious, but be sure to drink plenty of water. I struggled with that (because of MS).

Innocent Smoothies - I swear by them. Sorry for TMI, but I had a really bad fissure and I drank a carton of the stuff (the big cartons) every day for about 3 days, and by that time it was very soft and easy to pass.

Water and walking helped me with DD. I remember how awful it can get! I might get some prunes too soon just in case! :p

I tried natural stuff like prunes and fruit juice and it didn't seem to make much difference so my consultant prescribed me lactulose which I take 15ml of each morning and night. That seems to have done the trick and is perfectly safe in pregnancy. Hope you have found something that helps you. x

I went from wednesday until today without a bowel movement :sick: syrup of figs did it for me and the brand I used is safe during pregnancy. I feel like a new woman. And my work trousers fit again!!!

I was so desperate that I OD'd on prunes! I farted like a donkey in a harness for 24 hours and then they kicked in. I no longer look 8 months pregnant but I have no skin in a very delicate area! LOL?
Pregnancy is soooooo sexy.

LOL, poor you HBgirl!
Grief...
Well, my cure for the weekend was as stomach flu! :dohh: But am def trying to amp up the fruit again. I crave salad/veg these days so that hasn't been a problem! And I drink TONS of water while I'm at work (desk job) but not so much at home chasing 2 young kids... :shrug: I think I took lactulose with Kilian but the effects were a bit, uh, dramatic... :roll:

Thanks ladies, hope we all get some relief soon!!!
xx

Fresh fruit was the only thing that saved me when I was pregnant with my twins. Seriously - consume as many fresh strawberries, plums, peaches, grapes, etc. as you can. Once I started eating fresh fruit every day, my problem went away. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->