given free reign over baby's name

sweetavenue

Reaction score
After coming to a decision on a boy's name we really liked, DH and I found out we are having a girl! We are having a hard time compromising on names (I really dislike most of his...) and being the nice, wonderful man he is, DH told me last night that I can narrow it down to three names, he will look them over and we can discuss them, but that ultimately I have the final say. I was thrilled at first, but now it seems like a really stressful task.

Has anyone else been given free reign over the naming decision? Should I be over the moon, or upset that he doesn't want to make the decision himself?

I have a few names that I really like, but I'm a perfectionist and can't seem to make up my mind!

OH and I couldnt decide so we did a bracket system. We each came up with our top 16 favorite names and took turns either cutting half of our own or half of the others. it really helped us figure it out, and i ended up liking one of his names that i didnt expect to like best!

once we found out we were having a boy DH said i could choose the first name as long as it flowed well with daniel (his middle name) since he wanted it to be lo's middle name

with my DS i chose the middle name but we both loved it (which is used as his main name, weird i know but its a family tradition) and partner choose the first name

we have picked names for 6 children (based on 4 boys 2 girls) with 2 names we both loved and then 5 names we each picked

I think that its a fair deal. He likes all three of the names so its down to you to pick one from his list. I think its fair :)

Don't be upset about him not wanting to make the decision! He is deferring to you, which is much as I could ask for! LOL!

Well, DH got to pick our son's name cuz of family tradition. Luckily, it was a name I love so I was fine with it (Daniel). If we have a girl this time, I get free reign! If it is a boy, we have to decide together! (which is already proving to be a head-banging against the wall experience...).

If you don't mind me asking, what names do you have in mind so far? :)

No don't be upset he will probably say which is best out of the three u come up with x I wish I had free reign lol we can't agree on anything x

OH and I couldnt decide so we did a bracket system. We each came up with our top 16 favorite names and took turns either cutting half of our own or half of the others. it really helped us figure it out, and i ended up liking one of his names that i didnt expect to like best!

Thanks a fab idea will try this with hubs x

Don't be upset about him not wanting to make the decision! He is deferring to you, which is much as I could ask for! LOL!

Well, DH got to pick our son's name cuz of family tradition. Luckily, it was a name I love so I was fine with it (Daniel). If we have a girl this time, I get free reign! If it is a boy, we have to decide together! (which is already proving to be a head-banging against the wall experience...).

If you don't mind me asking, what names do you have in mind so far? :)

I like the name Fiona Mae; we have a very common last name so I wanted a feminine but unique first name. I also like the names Aila (or Ayla), Anabelle (Belle for short), and my husbands favorite is Freya (Freyja) which I just can't get to grow on me, no matter how hard I try.

I am a huge perfectionist so I won't decide on a name for months, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->