Gives me hope

Mrs. Bear

Growing twin baby bears
Reaction score
I met a woman last night whose success story gave me hope so I wanted to share it with the rest of you. :flower:

She is 44 and has 4 young daughters. Her first she had at 36 and then she had triplet girls at 40. All were using injectible medications and IUI. She had tried for 5 years with clomid and no success but was pregnant right away with the injectibles.

Yet more proof that it is possible - and that you don't necessarily have to go to IVF to make it happen. :thumbup:

Too bad she lives out in California so can't give me her leftover injectibles... :winkwink:

I'm on my 2nd iui with injectables!! love hearing these stories!!
10days left til testing...already very very impatient!!

ahh interesting to know. I wonder how many follicles she had from clomid, some people just dont respond well. seeing as I got 4 follicles my first round of clomid I wonder if that ups my chances of just clomid working. im trying clomid only for 3 cycles then will try IUI. I guess if that doesnt work then it will be injectables, but I am already responding to clomid so would I even need injectables (sorry just blabbering here!!)

thanks for posting that, theres sooooo many people on the internet who nothing works for them and they have to go for IVF that it can get depressing.

ahh interesting to know. I wonder how many follicles she had from clomid, some people just dont respond well. seeing as I got 4 follicles my first round of clomid I wonder if that ups my chances of just clomid working. im trying clomid only for 3 cycles then will try IUI. I guess if that doesnt work then it will be injectables, but I am already responding to clomid so would I even need injectables (sorry just blabbering here!!)

thanks for posting that, theres sooooo many people on the internet who nothing works for them and they have to go for IVF that it can get depressing.

I am not trying to hijack the thread, but congratulations! That is wonderful Sarah! :happydance:

I've heard that injectibles can give better quality eggs than clomid so maybe that is the difference. :shrug: I get 3-5 follicles on clomid/femara but still BFN after 4 IUIs. #5 is later this week. If no BFP we are trying injectibles next.

I've heard that injectibles can give better quality eggs than clomid so maybe that is the difference. :shrug: I get 3-5 follicles on clomid/femara but still BFN after 4 IUIs. #5 is later this week. If no BFP we are trying injectibles next.

thats good to know, Ive read it all...from people who get triplets from 4 follicles to people like yourself that get bfn. so Im not getting too excited about my chances, just so Im not dissappointed.

Good luck to all and lots of :dust: for you to get your BFPs soon :dust:

Do you know if she was ovulating on her own? Just wondering if the injectibles were to induce ovulation, or to boost ovulation that was already occurring?

No, she wasn't ovulating regularly on her own.

ok ignorant here but what are the injectables? and is it different than clomid? We may have to explore IUI as well soon so I would love to know more

ok ignorant here but what are the injectables? and is it different than clomid? We may have to explore IUI as well soon so I would love to know more

If I am thinking the right thing, it is what my doctor offered me. I took Clomid CD-37, 50mg, and had the option of having a trigger shot to release the egg/eggs, if they were the right size. Kind of a forced ovulation. But, I might not be thingking the right thing, so please don't hold me to this, lol.

I am also considering IUI in the near future. :hugs:

when they say 'injectables' it means that instead of clomid tablets you give yourself a Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH, eg puregon or fotulism)injection everyday from CD2 until your follicles are about ready and measured via a vaginal ultrasound(18mm or so) . in my case 10days of injectable drugs get me to that stage. Then they tell you to take a 'trigger' shot of HCG, the pregnancy hormone, to make your ovaries release the mature eggs about 36 hours after the shot. You then time the BD or IUI to that release time and BINGO!! well if works:happydance: It promotes more eggs, that are mature in the good sense, and times ovulation to within a very tight window so that good sperms can be exactly were it needs to be at the right time. Takes all the guess work out of BD timing and ovulation.
hope that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"