Giving a bottle just seems wrong!

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
I have been exclusively breastfeeding since my LO was born. Not even a pacifier! I have to go back to work in 7 weeks so pumping and bottle feeding are inevitable. I never thought twice about giving a bottle before she was born. Bottles and babies just go together right? Well I kept putting it off bc It just seems so unnatural now! We gave her some breastmilk in a bottle last night for the first time bc I read a lot about offering the bottle before 6 weeks if ur going to have to bottle feed. And it made me sad! Am I crazy? I'm just terrified of damaging our bfing relationship that I've worked hard for these last few weeks. What if she refuses my breast? I feel like bfing is our natural intimate bonding (how humans have been feeding their babies since our existence!) and the thought of anything else doesn't sit right. Anyone else feel like this? Any encouragement that it won't damage our bfing relationship?

I felt the same way when I was first going back to work. Dd is now almost six months and I've been back to work for three. I still do all her feeds when i'm not working and bottles during the day have not hurt our breastfeeding relatiobship at all, and i'm more used to the idea of her being fed by others. Try not to stress too much! Easier said than done, i know.

I feel exactly the same... it's so scary! We tried a bottle and she refused it. But we had a much better time with a doidy cup! She seemed to be more okay with it because it was more like a game and it made me feel better because it's so different that I don't worry that she will get confused :) Even though it's very unlikely after breastfeeding is established.. STILL hehe. :hugs: mumma

When did you guys introduce the bottle? She is 5 weeks old should I start now or wait a few weeks? I go back to work at 12 weeks

When did you guys introduce the bottle? She is 5 weeks old should I start now or wait a few weeks? I go back to work at 12 weeks

My dd got her first bottle at 4 weeks. I think we just gave her one or two that week and the following weeks until it got close to when i had to go back.

I never gave DS bottles except the first couple of times (he would hardly take them from me anyway). Perhaps your DH can give the bottles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->