Giving up smoking in the first trimester

magicteapot

Esme (3) Baby on the way!
Reaction score
Is anyone or has anyone given up smoking in the first trimester? I really could do with some support :( I am seeing a stop smoking midwife every week, I have patches and inhalators. I gave up as soon as I knew I was pregnant (last Wednesday) but have been under severe stressed so relapsed a few times (maybe 3 since Wednesday). I feel absolutely terrible about how addicted I am. Also my 3 year old is completely playing up. I am so stressed right now I am constantly crying. Not sure what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

xx

All I can say is well done for trying to give up. Don't beat yourself up about the couple you've had. Just try and stay strong and not smoke anymore.

You can do this!

Your doing really well. Don't be too hard on yourself, just keep reminding yourself what a great job your doing. Addiction is difficult - your putting your babies health before your own addictions and as a neonatal nurse I can tell you your baby really will reap the benefits (and you will become healthier too). Just take one day at a time.
Pregnancy is hard in normal circumstances let alone when trying to stop smoking too xx

You're doing amazingly and it is hard, but I promise it gets better.

I used to be a smoker (20 a day and I loved it) but I gave up cold turkey when I fell pregnant with number 1 over four years ago. If I can do it, anyone can, as I had been smoking since I was 16 and as I say, I loved a smoke! I haven't had one since.

You CAN do it. If I can, anyone in the world can. Just keep focusing on what an amazing job you're doing kicking an addiction. And of course focus on your little baby.

Don't be so hard on yourself and just take one day at a time. Get through one day, then the next, instead of looking months ahead, and eventually a few days and even a week will pass where you realise you've not even really thought about it - the brain is an incredible thing.

Good luck Hun! And again, well done on the amazing job you're doing.

Aww thanks guys! It is ridiculously hard!! Currently have a patch on which seems to be working today, yey!! xx

Just want to say well done on trying and putting your baby 1st. Keep up the good work xx

I think that just you trying so hard to quit is amazing. Keep up the good work u can do it!! I'm only a social smoker occasionally so not addicted, can't give advice but just wanted to stop by and give you props!! U got this!

Go YOU!

It's hard and you should be very VERY proud of yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->