Giving up the best best bits.... :(

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by lovieleigh, Nov 14, 2011.

1. lovieleigh

lovieleigh Engaged and Expecting

I have chosen to start a vegan diet today, we think my LO is lactose intollerent, so we are trying by process of elimination (well actually process of reintroduction :p)to see if we can make her feel better!

Dairy has always been a HUGE part of my life... I used to live for chocolate and cheese!! I think my daily dose of Feta in a greek salad will be the hardest to give up :(

Has anyone else had to or chosen to give up something major in their diet due to breastfeeding!

The things we do for our kids eh!!

:) x

2. babyjiva

babyjiva 1st baby

i am soy, gluten (wheat) and dairy free. given up almost everything. you can still eat dark chocolate though.
    when i went on this diet, my LO was so much happier..when ever I break it at all, she gets very sick. stick to it hon, you'll be so glad you did. also this diet helps keep in shape, that's a plus

3. jaytee146

jaytee146 Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo

I had to give up milk :cry: I LOVEEEEE MILK.. but honestly i've found that the lactose free milk is pretty tastey with my fav. cereal in the morning :happydance:

4. lovieleigh

lovieleigh Engaged and Expecting

The fact that I have noticed a massive change in LO after just 36hours is enough motivation for me! But I still have a fridge full of cheese milk and eggs which is somewhat depressing! :( hope it gets easier :)

It just stresses me when people keep telling me to give her formula instead so I can eat what I want! So much for support huh!

X