Glasgow ladies - booking in question!

Mrs.S.

Reaction score
Hi ladies 😊

So although I already have 2 boys and the youngest is only 14months I'm confused about the process for getting referred to the midwife for booking in app, scan etc. I'm currently 5 weeks ish pregnant and have booked an appointment with the gp for next week to tell them & get referred to the midwife etc (as I did with my last 2 pregnancies). However, my friend tells me that she thinks the process has changed now and you don't need to go to the gp at all. You self refer to the midwives? Can anyone shine a light on this for me please? Xxx

Not in Glasgow but had same query. I just rang GP surgery and asked them what I should do.where I live you do still see GP first. Good luck.

I'm in Ayrshire and booked direct. I was seen at around 8 weeks for my booking in appointment. My midwife then booked me in for my 12week scan. Your GP receptionist should be able to give you the phone number or could possible google it.

I went to gp he told me no need to make app with them now so was waste of an app lol : call ur docs and ask for booking in number and they do it all that way and also book u in for scan at same time . I'm Glasgow btw x

you self refer in Edinburgh so I think your friend may be correct. It's true, the appointment with the GP is a waste of the GP's time.

Thanks ladies. Phoned gp's this morning and yip just had to self refer. So now have my booking in app and my 1st scan date too. I can totally see why they've decided to do this. It always felt a waste of time going to the gp and getting referred before. I just didn't have a clue it had all changed and I only had my youngest Nov 14! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->