Glass Bottles?

Lumi

Reaction score
I'm am currently pregnant with my first and am planning to breast feed, I have bought a Medela Electric Breast Pump(to help with supply if needed and so my partner can help with feeds) and am now looking into glass bottles, specifically the Coddlelife brand.. glass sounds really good in theory.

Does anyone have experience with these? Pros, cons & would you reccomend?

I used glass, they're great and last through as many kids as you have. Super easy to clean, I put the glass part in the dishwasher.

Downside is that if you have a bottle thrower, you really need to keep a hand on them (older babies obviously who can hold their own bottles).

I use Evenflo.

We used glass bottles when I went back to work. The glass can feel a bit hot when heated up. They tend to come with silicone sleeves though, which helps.

Hi! I used Chicco bottles that I bought online. I breastfed for the most part but whenever I used a bottle I am glad I got the glass one. I do think the plastic in the plastic ones melts somehow and goes into the baby's system... With cold drinks though you can use a plastic one ( when they start holding it themselves).

I used glass bottles for milk collection when I pump and feeding DS when he was small while I was at work. He was never a bottle holder much, let alone a thrower (they are heavier). We used a kiindle warmer, or warm running water, which never got the bottles too hot so that was not an issue (excellent for breastmilk warming!).

I used many different types, evenflo were my favorite. I had Dr Browns glass (thick and large), Gerber, and Evenflo. They all fit standard nipples, I used the Calma nipple with them all. If they fit standard nipples, you can use them on your medela pump if avoiding plastic is important to you, to collect the milk.

When He got to be an older baby/toddler, we switched to stainless steel, which he still uses with a sippy spout for water. Very toddler-proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->