Glucose question-GD??

atx614

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Ok, so I had gestational diabetes with my dd but was able to control through diet thankfully.

With this pregnancy I failed the 1 hour glucose test with 158. Then I took the three hour and m dr said I passed. My two hour blood draw was higher than the normal range by two though, so I thought if you failed any part you had it?

Here are my numbers:
Before drink: 81, normal range is 70-95
After 1 hour: 170, normal is 70-180
After 2 hours: 157, normal is 70-155
After 3 hours: 136, normal is 70-140

These numbers are granted way lower than my numbers when I had gd with my dd. but I am still concerned as they are all on the high end of normal and my two hour was over. Can anyone itch gd give me insight? What do you think?

I'm in Canada and if you fail any of those parts of the test, you have it. I only failed by 0.1 of a number and I have it and it has progressively gotten worse.

Thanks! That's what I thought too! I have an apt Thursday so I will ask why he put I passed in the notes. I gave my glucose monitor away, so I need a new one to monitor. I need a perscription or insurance to pay for it, so hopefully he will write that. I would like to monitor either way.

I think you have to fail on two draws, not just one. They may test you again later, though.

Oh lord I hope not. I never want to drink that drink again, haha. I would rather just monitor it with pricks!

Well I totally failed mine. After the test I got the machine to test my blood levels at home (Fasting and after meals) but all of the levels were actually too low, since I went on a diet as soon as I found out. After a week my doctor told me to stop the diet but still measure my blood sugar and eating normally gave me normal levels and brought my fasting levels up to normal.

All I'm saying is, if you had it before, you need to watch it ofcourse, but don't worry too much. Trust your ob and since there's history there he might ask you to test your levels again at some point just to see if later in the pregnancy you have higher levels.

Oh lord I hope not. I never want to drink that drink again, haha. I would rather just monitor it with pricks!

Oh, no - that would be horrible! I meant - I think you have to fail on two of the draws that same day - at two different hour intervals.

My hospital switched to the 2 hour test where they give you 72g of the drink instead of the 3 hour test that gives you 100g of the drink. I failed the 1 hour after test which means i have it. But for the 3 hour test I think u are supposed to fail 2 of the 4 tests.

Thanks everyone! That makes me feel much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->