Go away french fries! Be gone!!

nicem815

Reaction score
Is anyone else working on eating healthier? Up until about 10 weeks, I could barely eat anything if it wasn't greasy, fatty and full of carbs. I started forcing myself to eat greens and fruits, and somehow--it worked! I am now craving more healthy choices. It worried me because I know I need to keep myself as healthy as possible. I have thyroid issues and want to fuel my body (and the baby!!) with healthy things. I still don't like meat, though....just looking at chicken last night made me nauseous. So I try to get protein in other things...I just ate a lovely legume soup full of protein and fiber.

Anyone else working on their healthier choices?

Yes! I like to have a lot of fruit. Watermelon, grapes, strawberries. I also like cucumber with lemon, or fruit infused water.

I do have some junk -- yesterday I had a pretzel from Auntie Anne's and some fries (fries are my vice!) but I'm certainly eating better for myself and baby.

Also, I don't like chicken either. I never have. I just try to get my protein from scrambled eggs.

Wanted to add I'm having strawberries dipped in honey. UGHHH I feel like I'm cheating. I just really like putting honey on all sorts of things. For breakfast I have honey on toast, sometimes I'll drizzle honey on assorted nuts.

I just really really really like honey. Moreso when pregnant.

I'm trying...drinking a green smoothie right now. I have 2 green smoothies per day.

But now I want french fries....not the french fries from the oven....the real ones deep fried. Lets hope that passes.

Yes! I like to have a lot of fruit. Watermelon, grapes, strawberries. I also like cucumber with lemon, or fruit infused water.

I do have some junk -- yesterday I had a pretzel from Auntie Anne's and some fries (fries are my vice!) but I'm certainly eating better for myself and baby.

Also, I don't like chicken either. I never have. I just try to get my protein from scrambled eggs.

Wanted to add I'm having strawberries dipped in honey. UGHHH I feel like I'm cheating. I just really like putting honey on all sorts of things. For breakfast I have honey on toast, sometimes I'll drizzle honey on assorted nuts.

I just really really really like honey. Moreso when pregnant.

The honey sounds amazing....I love honey, too!! I need to pick some up. YUM!! I have strawberries and blueberries and now I need honey!!

Don't worry, I love fries, too!! I also love green smoothies. I think I'll make one for my husband and I today.

But now I also want something sweet....like a cinnabon. Oh well, we can't be perfect, right? lol

I'm trying to eat better. Besides the fact that it's best for me and LO, I need to do everything in my power to give me the best odds of having a successful vbac.

I just downloaded my fitness plan app for my phone which has a handy bar code scanner which makes it so much easier to put stuff in there. I got a calorie goal from my midwife and an exercise plan in place (I was holding off until I spoke with my midwife).

Today I just feel ravenous. I've eaten plenty to the point I should not be hungry, but I'm starving!

I'm trying to eat better. Besides the fact that it's best for me and LO, I need to do everything in my power to give me the best odds of having a successful vbac.

I just downloaded my fitness plan app for my phone which has a handy bar code scanner which makes it so much easier to put stuff in there. I got a calorie goal from my midwife and an exercise plan in place (I was holding off until I spoke with my midwife).

Today I just feel ravenous. I've eaten plenty to the point I should not be hungry, but I'm starving!

That's great about the fitness plan APP! Yesterday I read that we only get 300 more calories when we are pregnant and I honestly haven't been counting my calories, so I just try to guesstimate based on what I am eating. And loading up on veggies helps!

I hear you. I am, too. I've been hungry all day. I can't wait until my husband gets home because I want to go get a cinnabon. YUMMM

Nope. Before I got pregnant, I ate healthy. I'd always have green juices and smoothies, salads, fresh fruit, etc.
After I got pregnant, I started getting tired and sick and stopped being able to cook dinner, go grocery shopping, and stomach anything green or that required too much chewing.

I feel terrible because I know how to eat well and I have extremely easy access to eat all natural and organic but I've been eating a lot of fast food lately and started drinking soda again.

I'm doing the exact opposite of what I know I should be doing and I don't know how to stop.

Oh, I also suddenly like ice cream and candy too. It's weird.

Nope. Before I got pregnant, I ate healthy. I'd always have green juices and smoothies, salads, fresh fruit, etc.
After I got pregnant, I started getting tired and sick and stopped being able to cook dinner, go grocery shopping, and stomach anything green or that required too much chewing.

I feel terrible because I know how to eat well and I have extremely easy access to eat all natural and organic but I've been eating a lot of fast food lately and started drinking soda again.

I'm doing the exact opposite of what I know I should be doing and I don't know how to stop.

Oh, I also suddenly like ice cream and candy too. It's weird.

Don't worry, I said the exact same thing!! I would always choose the healthy choices because I WANTED to, but being pregnant made my taste buds different lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->