Go-Pros

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Hi ladies, anyone know anything about Go-Pros?? Declan wants one for Christmas and I don't have a clue where to start :dohh: It doesn't have to be the best one as he will only be 10, he will be using it mostly to video himself on rollercoasters (so I can just imagine it being dropped :haha: ) but it needs to be waterproof as he will also be taking it to waterparks. Plus do I need to get any extras, like a strap or something so it doesnt fall while he is using it, he keeps talking about a thing to put on his head so he doesnt have to hold it while on rollercoasters :wacko:

They look pretty cool. Lot's of different accessories for different activities though ££££

What one are you looking at?

we have a go pro and it's great, I would consider a wrist strap for coasters etc as this seems to work just as well as a head strap but easier to wear. There are some cheaper models out there that may do the job just as well, hang on I will try and find a you tube video with a comparison x

All I would say is that the audio is not great - they are designed for the footage to be set to music ideally. but for action shots, underwater and being pretty much indestructible they are great. We have a stick that the go pro sits on that has a hidden tripod bit inside which is what I use a lot of the time. I wouldn't bother with the chest strap at first. he will need something to hold it with so some sort of stick thing that attaches to it x

oh and lastly you will need some sort of case to store it all in, is that helpful at all? x

They look pretty cool. Lot's of different accessories for different activities though ££££

What one are you looking at?

I dont have a clue what one to get :haha: Tbh they all look the same to me :dohh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9pqBQcqes

this might help with comparison to models that are similar to the go pro but less expensive

He bought himself a little camera like this last year and it broke within a week :shrug:

Oh no, how frustrating. We have the go pro hero4 silver with the touch screen. the touch screen can't be used when it is in the waterproof/no dirt type case, therefore I never use the touch screen so I wouldn't worry about getting a model that has this. Ours is pretty indestructible when in the main case - my 6 year old uses it and has been dropped a few times now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->