Going alone to the scan next week

Thisismyyear

Expecting #2
Reaction score
DH just told me he has to go to Paris next week which means he won't be here for the scan next Friday. I don't have family nearby and the scan is at 9 am (DS asked do that time when we booked it so he could then go straight to work) so I feel bad asking a friend to come that early.

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it but it won't be the same without anyone to share the news with immediately afterwards!

If you're at all nervous to go alone, I don't think 9am is too early. I'd def go with a friend if she asked me. Just my 2 cents :). Good luck at your scan!

If you have a close friend I'm sure they'd feel special being asked to go, even at 9 am! :)

Ask a friend!! It would be a huge privilege. It is really nice to have someone to share the excitement with and also handy because sometimes you can't always remember everything the doctor says especially when you are distracted by seeing your baby.

I would ask a friend to go with you. I wouldn't think twice about it if one of my friends asked me to accompany her to a 9:00 am scan. In fact, I would be honored that she asked me to be there for it.

Agree with pp's about asking friends but I've also been to scans alone in the past and I actually quite enjoyed it, it felt much more special to me

^^ what PP's said! Unless you can reschedule for when DH is back x

Thanks all, I will see if one of my close friends are available. Good point about helping to remember everything the sonographer says. Thanks!

I'd go at 9 if someone asked me. I don't think it's all that early. I went to all my scans alone though and didn't mind.

I went with my friend many of times to early ultrasounds! After you guys can celebrate and get breakfast =)

I had exactly the same problem - my DH is in Chicago on business for my sexing scan. I rescheduled it for the following week. (Although I did know quite far in advance I suppose.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->