Going Au Naturel... Binning the OPK

KittyKatBabe

Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane
Reaction score
Hey Girls,

Call me crazy lady, but I have decided that I am going au naturel for the next 6 months at least. I haven't been charting for too long, only since my losses (with the exception of monitoring AF) have I chosen to check CM, OPK tests and BBT. However I cannot handle the 2WW part.

The 2WW has led to stress, mood swings and emotional eating for me. So as weight is an issue (well lets admit it, who is it not for ) I need to cut down stress, plus job is quite stressful too so I need a balance. So I thought about it and as we know miscarriages are heart breaking, and I have basically not been the same since.

So for me I am closing the lid on the testing and just marking when I have my period, I have an idea of when fertile time would be, so at some point me and OH will hit it again, like we did first time around. Plus it has been taking a bit of the spontaniety out of it with OH and I want us to get back to how we were.

Has anyone ever felt the same?

Absolutely! I have never temped, checked CP or CM - ive done the occassional OPK but only since loss. I don't want to get stressed about things. I want to think one day "oh my period is late" and then do a test and hope for the best - Plus I can't afford to be spending money on tests each month just to be disappointed when I get BFN/Af.

Obviously this is my first cycles since MMC so This may all change but I for one want to have spontaneous sex when I'm feeling horny (lol) not when my OPK tells me to! lol

Good luck to you hun x x x x

Mine were only from the loss, hats off to the girls who can do this. But I just can't, I was clock watching from OV and interpretating every single sign, which confused me and as you say causes no end of expense and yes I am sick of the early testing and negative results. I don't want negatives I want positives to be in all aspects of my life from hereonin.

Hi KittyKatBabe and Beadette,

I am contemplating the same - i use CBFM and i HATE the 2WW. It's sooo stressful. I am nearly out of test sticks, so i think i will just use them this month and then go au natrel after that.

Another (controversial!!) thing i am considering is stopping coming on here. It's tough cos i love the ladies on here and it is so comforting to be able to talk to ladies who are going through the same stuff, but sometimes i think it makes me think about it all the more when i should just be getting on with life and like you say, one day i will think 'oh, my period's late...' instead of over analysing stuff (like i do now!).

BNB is just a very hard habit to break, maybe i could just ration it to every other day or something.. How often do you guys come on here?

M X

Hey Blondee,

I hate to say it but yes I am the same as you, I have got really addicted, met some fantastic girls, who I do regard as friends. I love reading their journals, but I have to say I have also thought that this has heightened my 2WW anxiety, which is lovely but stressful. So I was even contemplating the same as I got to a point when I am at home in front of laptop to check in here on the hour and can spend 20mins a time on too, so makes me unproductive at times.

BnB is a good 'bad' habit but I need reduce the time spent too mainly for work lol. Which I think will be harder to do than stop charting. But also thinking I will cut down to once a day.

great minds think alike!! thats exactly whats ive done this month i know what day im due on and not doing any tests or anything just letting my body tell me however the down side is i had so much ewcm i just knew i had ov but fella had gone back to camp anyway so prob for the best lol

I'm so weak!:dohh: I've already been on twice today, still it's better than my usual 100 times per day! Don't wanna go cold turkey, eh :winkwink:

And yes, i am drinking grapefruit juice as i sit here on the laptop, easy does it on the stopping obsessing:happydance:

Have a good weekend ladies (i.e. see ya tom)

M X

Ha ha,

I always manage to stay off on Saturday's as we had plans this weekend so was easy to do. Plus been a very lazy day today so I was waiting to wake up before I came on here.

I am looking forward to hopefully not contemplating everything this time. But I reckon as expected AF day gets closer I will feel the apprehension lol.

Just need to exercise and channel energy better, Will be on tomorrow but want to limit when i come on. See how i go for the day lol

Don't bin the OPKs!! Give them to some other poor soul who's TTC.....just kidding!! :happydance:

Seriously though, I agree about the stress thing.
Good luck xx :dust:

Well I didn't bin them, I used them all last month, that was one of the things which also assisted in my decision and cost. Defo less stress so far this week, I think OV could be happening in the next 5 days, but I don't know and its not that I don't care but I feel better cos I am thinking about something else all the time.

Thank you for the luck hun and baby dust I need it, I am just going with the flow and hoping it will be third time lucky for me and OH . x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->