Going back to work or not?? Opinions please

allyk

Mummy to DD, Preg with #2
Reaction score
Ok, do I'm due back to work in feb, but as my dept moved whilst I was on maternity I have been offered redundancy or position in another dept on same money. That dept is also moving in April, my plan was to go back to work for 6 weeks n then take redundancy. I was going to put lo in nursery for 3 days & my mum look after her the other two. But my mum has holiday booked for my 1st 3 weeks back at work.

Nursery us going to cost £900 per month for 3 days.

Do you think it's worth me going back or just taking redu fancy now??? I'm on unpaid maternity at moment.

Personally I would take the redundancy, you prob can't have much left over out of your wages after taking off the childcare costs surely !?!

Having said that I have returned to work but not paying that much for childcare as some days lo is with family.

my lo is with family, i work three long shifts so childcare isn't an issue, but i think in your situation i'd probably take redundancy :)

I would take redundancy in your position too. I am going back part time in January and LO has to go to nursery for all of the time I'm at work.
I personally don't think our income after childcare costs will be worth it but have to do it to convince my DH that this is the case. X

This was what we found with the child care costs :( Lee didn't really like the thought of others spending more time with Jessica-Leigh than us. The plan is we will see how we go for now. If need be I will return part time at some point.
Will you have any maternity pay to pay back??

If I take redundancy I don't have to pay back maternity pay (as its companies fault I'm not returning) I also don't like idea of Emma being with strangers more than us!!! But I do miss the adult company, most of my so called friends have dissappeared since I had Emma.

Forgot to mention too that it's going to cost me about £300 per month in petrol to get to work !!!

With that I would take redundancy hun.... I know what you mean I don't really see anyone now... Most of my friends all have older children that are in senior school :( i certainly do miss adult company. Have started going to 2 different sure start centres just for a bit of variety. We should arrange a meet up, got to be a children's place or something we can both get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->