Going back to work....or not?

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
I know what trivial thing this is..but I have to figure it out because my husband and I are just about to close the deal on an apartment we bought (on the 13th) and frankly money is going to get tighter.

I am curious what did other preemie moms do while their babies were in the NICU? Did you work?

I feel bad that I have to even consider it. But I also want to take my mat leave when Lakai comes home..

So many details to iron out...all while my emotional state is in turmoil.

Thanks!

Working may help take ur mind off things, but only if you're comfortable with it. Not that i'd know coz I don't have a premmie.
:hug: to all your family! What a little fighter you have!

Hi hun, i replied on your other thread but i didnt go back to work, didnt feel i could of concentrated. A freind i made on the unit tried as her mat leave was up and she had to return to work but only lasted 1 week before her doc signed her off with stress as she couldnt cope.

Work??????????????????????????????

You should be on maternity leave, you need a bloody rest....sorry for being a nag but please rest sweetie or it'll all catch up with you honestly:hugs:

No hun, I didn't work, I spent every waking minute I could with Harry, it tore me up when I had to leave him and I can't imagine how I would have felt going to work, it'd just feel so wrong. That's just my opinion though. Rest up babe.

I didn't work either I went on FMLA for 12 weeks and Noah came home 2 weeks before it was up so I stopped working and I just started working again part time. There was no way I could of worked, I was so worried all the time, plus I was recovering and my doctor didn't release me intll after 8 weeks, but I had a c-section and a wound complication..

Hiya,
In the UK you have no choice. Once your baby arrives you are on maternity leave. However, we can take up to 1 year.
I really really pray that your little one continues to be the little miracle that he appears he is already. My little girl Charlotte was born at 24+5 in July 07. She is now 16 months. Has a few issues but is a very happy and content little girl.

So, back to your question. Im sorry, but you will find that it will be impossible for you to return to work whilst your baby is in hospital. I think any mum of an extreme premature baby will tell you that you have good days and then there are very bad days. I hope you don't get any bad ones I really do but you have to be realistic. Your baby was extremely premature. It is an emotional rollercoaster and your little one needs you. Don't miss out on the kangaroo care, he needs to feel you as much as possible and it will help him heal and grow.

I wish you all the best
Love
Sam
www.charlottelow.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe