Going backwards .....worried :-(

Loopy lotti

Reaction score
I had a scan today at 8 + 3 …..all seems normal with a heartbeat of 161 bpm and the bean measured 1.98 cm which the doc said is good (and totally amazing to hear the beat again).

But the scan dated me at exactly 8 wks putting me back 3 days…….is this anything to be concerned about? Doc didn’t seem worried, although he wants me back in 2 wks to check growth, but I can’t help but be worried! 

My last scan was at what I thought was 6 +4 but they put me back to 6+1 as they took the dates from when they implanted the embryo rather from my DPO or LMP, so I was put back last time as well!!

If I went by my LMP I’d be 9 wks today, so having been put back 3 days for each of my 2 scans I just don’t feel like I’m getting anywhere!! :wacko:

Has anyone else here been put back a few days by early scans? Do you think I have anything to be worried about or am I just being paranoid??

Any experiences, comments or reassurance most gratefully received!

LL x

I was told by the sister in the EPAU that all scans at an early stage are +/- 5 days. That's why the don't give you a due date until your 12 week scan. Your baby is healthy, your doctor is happy. Time for you to relax!

I was put back 3 days at my 8 week scan. I was told a week either way was fine. With last baby I kept getting put forward. I think unless there's a huge discrepancy then it's fine. I always wonder how accurate they are anyway, when they measure it it seems so imprecise!

I had a scan last week due to bleeding and they put me back a whole week. I really wouldn't worry. Wait till 12 weeks when they can see and tell more

Yeah, they don't accurately calculate due date until the 12 week scan as sizes can vary quite a bit. I had an early scan at 6 weeks and was estimated less than I thought. At my 12 week, I was out forward 5 days :flower:

I was put back 8 days and all is well. 30 weeks on Monday with a big growing boy!

With my son I was put back at an early scan but by 14 weeks he was measuring a week ahead. These guys all grow at their own rates. What is important is that they are growing. And it's good that your doctor is staying on top of things and wanting to check on the growth. This early in the game so many doctors are dismissive and say 'whatever happens, happens' and leave you on your own to worry. Sounds like you have a good one.

I was put back about 3 or 4 days at my early scans. When I went in again at 9 weeks I was 1 days ahead. I don't know why they do that so early on.

ETA: I did ivf too.

Ladies ladies ladies! Thank you so much for all your replies, I really do feel so much more reassured. As Flake-y says, it does all seem rather imprecise!

Fingers crossed lil bean catches up in future weeks as time is moving soooooooo slowly at the moment!

I'd best go & change my ticker back a few days then! ;-)

Hugs and baby dust to you all!

LL x

I had a scan at 7 +3 and they put me back to 6 +6.... idk, they didn't seem worried and they said they only change the due date if you're a week earlier or later than they thought so they didn't change my due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->