Going blonde.....tips please :)

ShanandBoc

Reaction score
Im naturally a lightish mousy brown (boring) and have been chocolate brown for like 15 years....i think i need a change. I havent coloured my hair at all for about 10 months so figure its the best time to try and go blonde and is lighter than its been for agesss

Im thinking of getting a full head of foils and trying to go quite blonde. Do u think it will suit me and what do i have to do as far as maintenance etc??....any tips appreciated :)

Here is me as a brunette....

https://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/shans81/Elleah/CopyofCopyofP1050298.jpg

My natural colour.......

https://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/shans81/Elleah/12.jpg

(note i am 12 in this pic lol as its the last time my hair was au natural haha)

Be ready for your hair to be yellowish for some time since your hair is so dark. The maintenance will be enough work, your roots will show quickly. You will prolly need to get it redone every 6-8 weeks. Your hair is lovely brown but I'm sure the blonde will be nice as well.

Im naturally blonde but i dyed it brown for a while, when i wanted to go back blonde my hair dresser said it was better for my hair if i did it gradually by adding highlights

Thanks girls it will be gradual and its nowhere near as dark now as it is in the first pic. Im getting a full head of foils but i realise it will take a few visits to get it to the colour i want.

I went from my natural dark brown to lots of blond highlights, my hairdresser did it gradually adding more highlights each time. I have to have them redone every 6 weeks and i use paul mitchell platinum blonde shampoo as it stops your blonde going brassy and it works for me. lll find a pic of my hair

What these girls said :thumbup:

Blonde shampoo is a must when your inbetween colour just keeps an ashy tone to them. Be patient dont ruin the condition of your hair cause in the long run you'll end up needing to go darker to fix the condition. Sorry about the rambling :haha: HTH

Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"