Going Crazy...

Albastru

Reaction score
First post on here so a little nervous... but I feel like im going crazy and nobody understands.

Hubby and I have been TTC for around 2 years (very laid back approach to start). we've had 2 fertility appointments...

Semen Analysis came back fine. had bloods done and waiting on HSG. found out my prolactin is high (but i am ovulating?) so being referred to a endocrinologist... its all so confusing and we're constantly waiting for the next appointment, referall, test....

everybody I talk to has some crappy bit of advice like 'it will happen when its supposed too' 'maybe you're not ready for baby' 'just relax' 'just have sex all of the time' (no... really???? i didnt realise thats how you made a baby...)

Not sure what I'm looking for here, maybe just a rant space, reassurance or success stories...

Hello there, sorry for your stresses!

I've not been through the same myself, but I couldn't just read and not reply.

There is ALWAYS hope, there are so many women on here who have been where you are and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies and babies.

We as women are unlucky because our bodies are so complicated, growing a person is a huge thing! Everyone has something going on during their own stories.

Try focusing on how amazing it will feel when you finally conceive, chart your ovulation and menstruation days, lie on your back with a pillow under your bum for a while after DTD and take folic acid.

There are other things men can do to increase their fertility too, I'm sure you consultants have been through all of this with you but it can't hurt to keep doing them.

Just have faith, and remember how so worth the wait your little one will be.

I know you posted this last month, have you had any news or changes since?

I'm not sure if you're still checking back here. I understand so well how difficult infertility is. I honestly lost my mind. We quit trying at our two year mark and I started self sabotaging and behaving quite destructively. I did that for a few months before I started therapy to help me deal with my grief with infertility. Half way through my therapy process and I found out I was pregnant. It happened spontaneously and was quite a surprise.

So I just wanted to say that you're not alone in how you're feeling. I suffered through a lot of dumbass comments from other people about how I should just "relax" and such. Now that I'm pregnant people like to tell me that it happened because I finally "relaxed." People are idiots and unfortunately they make the infertility experience that much more difficult and isolating to go through.

Anyway, I swore up and down till I was blue in the face that I would never EVER get pregnant. I gave up all hope. I grieved my children who I'd never get to meet. And here I am. Every journey through infertility looks a little different. I hope you'll find your way and find peace and happiness with whatever outcome you achieve. Something I kept reminded myself was that infertility doesn't last forever. Even if I never had/have kids infertility doesn't have to last forever. The goal is a happy, fulfilling life, whether or not kids are in the picture. I do believe a happy childfree life after infertility is possible, just as I now believe that spontaneous pregnancy after infertility can also be possible for some people.

I'm hopeful for you!

First off I want to say I am sorry you're struggling with infertility, she's a nasty thing to deal with. All I can say is have faith! It will happen. Maybe even when you least expect it. I know after my miscarriage in 2017 I have been obsessive about conceiving. The best of luck to you my dear <3

First post on here so a little nervous... but I feel like im going crazy and nobody understands.

Hubby and I have been TTC for around 2 years (very laid back approach to start). we've had 2 fertility appointments...

Semen Analysis came back fine. had bloods done and waiting on HSG. found out my prolactin is high (but i am ovulating?) so being referred to a endocrinologist... its all so confusing and we're constantly waiting for the next appointment, referall, test....

everybody I talk to has some crappy bit of advice like 'it will happen when its supposed too' 'maybe you're not ready for baby' 'just relax' 'just have sex all of the time' (no... really???? i didnt realise thats how you made a baby...)

Not sure what I'm looking for here, maybe just a rant space, reassurance or success stories...

Hey! I totally understand how you're feeling, I just signed up for this forum today not knowing what I was looking for either, but maybe just to have conversation with people actually going through the same thing as opposed to listening to the advice of people who tell you to "just get drunk" *roll my eyes*

My husband and I have been TTC for #1 for 15 months now. I find myself crying on nights out with the girls or in conversation with my hubby and its getting crazy, I'm an emotional wreck and feel like people think I'm losing it because they can't relate, all of my friends pride themselves that they're husbands sneeze on them and their pregnant

I went for an HSG test on Aug 2 and the radiologist said my left tube was blocked, we went for our follow up and the fertility doctor disagreed so now I have to go back for another HSG at the end of the month to confirm one way or the other (crazy!). At this point it seems as if the first test may have messed with my cycle because my OPK's have all been negative and I usually ovulate anywhere from cd17- cd19, i'm on cd22 today and feeling like now we have decreased our chances even more by trying to help our situation. This constant roller coaster ride of emotions is getting to me now and I'm ready to stop tracking everything and just accept it for what it is.

This is an unfair process as I look around and see people that take it for granted (being a parent) it makes me that much more upset. I need to get back into the positive realm but I'm having a hard time doing so.

Anywho, just know you aren't alone and maybe this forum will help us both out, at least to get rid of some internalized anger. Best of luck to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->