Going Crazy

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
my son will not be put down, he wakes up no matter where you put him, crib, car seat, stroller, on his back/side stomach
its impossible, i cant do a thing
everyone keeps telling me hell grow out of it
do you know how hard it is to even survive 24 hours of holding a baby non stop
he even sleeps with me at night

pls sum 1 help, ive tried bouncies, swaddeling, even the carrier but that doesnt help me coz i dont want to hold him 24/7 i wanna go to the toilet, and have a break for the 2 hours he sometimes sleeps.

hope someone out there has some advice

I dont really know but didnt want to read and run :hug:

Have you tried laying him down on a t shirt of yours? Maybe he needs to be near you...and the smell of it might comfort him....??

mention it to your health visitor

I dont really know but didnt want to read and run :hug:

Have you tried laying him down on a t shirt of yours? Maybe he needs to be near you...and the smell of it might comfort him....??

mention it to your health visitor

already tried the shirt thing

oh no...i dont know hun....speak with your health visitor/doctor....

hope you sort it soon and get to go to the loo!! x

Riley was like that hun and hes slowly but surely grew out of it

well, I also hoped LO will grow out of it, but she didn't.

no advice though!

feel like I am a looser as a mother as I did not get it sorted :cry:

Dec used to do this a little but only at night time from about 6pm-8pm he would squeal non-stop for no reason only to be held, the only advice I have is controlled crying, I know he is still very young but so was Dec, some nights I was on my own and after having surgery I didnt want to be holding him all the time, I used controlled crying for 3 nights and it seemed to break him.
Hope this is of some help, good luck hun :hug:

Dec used to do this a little but only at night time from about 6pm-8pm he would squeal non-stop for no reason only to be held, the only advice I have is controlled crying, I know he is still very young but so was Dec, some nights I was on my own and after having surgery I didnt want to be holding him all the time, I used controlled crying for 3 nights and it seemed to break him.
Hope this is of some help, good luck hun :hug:

hes so small to let him cry and if i do let him cry to go to the bathroom or something he goes purple from crying he gets into such a fit

I just was suggesting this to MissJess. Do you have a Mommy Bear? It might help if you put in on the bed with him. It makes sounds similar to those in the womb. It might help. Erica wants me to hold her a lot still to, but when she is asleep I can put her down. I hope he grows out of it soon for you, I know it can be stressful when you've got things to do, and a baby who always wants to be held. But also try to kinda appreciate that he wants to be near you all the time, he loves you lots obviously!

get a carrier and wear him. it is totally normal for him to want to be held all the time.

sorry I have no suggestions for you. Angel was like that too for quite a while but she grew out of it thank goodness. She still has the occassional day where she is clingy like that.
I hope he outgrows it soon I know how exhausting it can be :hugs:

I also don't want to let my LO cry to get her to sleep.
in my opinion, it is not good at all for infants!
as well, I suspected that it is causing tantrums later on at bedtime.

just spoke to a friend last night, who let hers cry-it-out to get them to sleep on their own, and she has tantrums now at bedtime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->