Going crazy!

Kentish Mama

Reaction score
Hi there. I've been off the scene for a while. I am 41 have a DD aged 10 and a DS aged 8. Have been broody for last few years and 2 years ago my hubby and I agreed to try for a year and then take a view depending on what happened. In that time I had what I believe was a chemical pregnancy - although it wasn't confirmed by a doctor. Anyway, after that year of trying I felt like it was taking over my life and I couldn't deal with the stress so we went back to contraception and that was that. I am more than happy with the kids I have and at least I had given it a shot.

Last month we were a bit careless - if you know what I mean - and just before AF was due I had really sore boobs and felt nauseous. I was convinced I was pregnant and, actually, was very happy about it. But then I got AF and was really surprised and disappointed. Yet I am still nauseous 10 days later and exhausted. I even did a pregnancy test but of course it was negative. I guess I must just have a virus or something but then yesterday I watched "I didn't know I was pregnant" and a girl on there had normal periods and a negative pregnancy test and yet WAS pregnant! I'm sure I'm NOT pregnant I just wanted to get this off my chest! So obviously now I'm feeling broody again but feel (in my head) that 42 is too old to have a baby. I just don't know whether to keep trying or not.

Thanks for listening!

42 is definately not to old to have a baby. I think you should follow your heart and if it's what both you and your dh want then you should go for it.

I agree completely! :) You have to do what you feel is your path in life... and things may not always happen like we thought, but 41 is not too old!!! I'm going on 37 this month and we are trying for our first together. This is how it was meant to happen for us. I didn't even meet the love of my life till I was 32 and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Best of luck hun :)

I agree with the others here, it is a personal choice. I am 42 and I have a 21 year old and a 2 year old. We are trying for one more and I am hopeful that it will happen even though a few months ago I was feeling as if I wasn't capable of having any more.

We all go through periods of self doubt. If you and your dh agree that you still want to have another one, don't let age stop you at only 42. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->